New Rig. Any Suggestions?

Swagler

I just bought this pc a month ago and am getting money to put new parts into it soon.  I want suggestions on where I can make it better, and you guys seem to like seeing things like this.  I will post pics if anyone wants to see them (just request). 

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Socalcium/saved/hzhFf7

Never, ever, EVER buy a cheap no name brand PSU like Raidmax. Buy a good known brand like Seasonic or XFX.

The cheap PSU's give less W than advertised and are a danger to your build overall, especially when you got a good overclocking GPU and CPU.

My advise would be being an SSD (Crucial MX100) and a new PSU (SeaSonic M12II 520W or similar from a good PSU maker)

First question would be, what exactly do you feel like needs upgrading? Anything in particular you're struggling to run?

So far I've not run anything it can't handle with ease. I'm planning on getting a better mouse and cddrive just for kicks. Maybe some LEDs. Also thanks for the advice on the psu . that will probably come after ram. And about ssd's are they really good for anything other than a faster boot speed.

So far I've not run anything it can't handle with ease. I'm planning on getting a better mouse and cddrive just for kicks. Maybe some LEDs. Also thanks for the advice on the psu . that will probably come after ram. And about ssd's are they really good for anything other than a faster boot speed.

I will admit the PSU issue is a pretty big one, Raidmax is notorious for their low quality power supplies.

SSD's are good if you want to load large programs like photoshop quickly, however SSD's have a limited amount of times you can read/write to the flash before it dies, so I personally wouldn't recommend it - Especially since they provide no performance increases in games.

One thing you might want to consider if you found the stock intel heatsink too loud (which I did), is an aftermarket CPU heatsink.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-master-cpu-cooler-rr212e20pkr2

Not exactly expensive, but it is a very nice cooler for the price, I can also say it's very quiet as I've had one.

If you want to increase performance, you could either upgrade to an Intel i7-4790k or buy another 280x and run them in crossfire, both of which are kinda pricey.

I handle server hardware and workstations, ssds life span in 2014 are excellent and can handle heavy r/w and have a long life span. An average "gamer" can never wear out an ssd with normal workloads in 10 years.

And SSDS are not just to make your boot time faster idiot.

And the limitation is not in the flash its the sata controller. At least get your facts right before replying.

I handle server hardware and workstations, ssds life span in 2014 are excellent and can handle heavy r/w and have a long life span. An average "gamer" can never wear out an ssd with normal workloads in 10 years.

And SSDS are not just to make your boot time faster idiot.

And the limitation is not in the flash its the sata controller. At least get your facts right before replying.

The limitation is the flash, the flash itself dies once the read/write cycles are used up, so stop trying to make assumptions because they're incorrect.

According to your flawed logic, a "gamer" wouldn't use up the write cycles of a good quality SSD, yet I've had countless SSD's come back to me dead in under a year.

So, I'd appreciate if you weren't such a douche with your terrible advice.

I really couldn't care what you do work-wise, it doesn't make you correct, so it's irrelevant.

Edited by TwitchFast

The limitation is the flash, the flash itself dies once the read/write cycles are used up, so stop trying to make assumptions because they're incorrect.

According to your flawed logic, a "gamer" wouldn't use up the write cycles of a good quality SSD, yet I've had countless SSD's come back to me dead in under a year.

So, I'd appreciate if you weren't such a douche with your terrible advice.

I really couldn't care what you do work-wise, it doesn't make you correct, so it's irrelevant.

You are inexperienced. and i never said anything about 1) quality ssds 2) gamers not using write cycles

3) flash cells

FYI the flash market is growing much faster and much more than the hard disk market. And all storage companies are heavily invested in SSDS/flash market.

Work wise i deal with ssds and enterprise data solutions fag so i know how ssds work. I bet you don't even know how to setup a san.

And i know how long SSD's last and your assumption of 1 year is the dumbest thing ever.

I can say HDD fails too in less then 3 months.

You are inexperienced. and i never said anything about 1) quality ssds 2) gamers not using write cycles

3) flash cells

FYI the flash market is growing much faster and much more than the hard disk market. And all storage companies are heavily invested in SSDS/flash market.

Work wise i deal with ssds and enterprise data solutions fag so i know how ssds work. I bet you don't even know how to setup a san.

And i know how long SSD's last and your assumption of 1 year is the dumbest thing ever.

I can say HDD fails too in less then 3 months.

I'm inexperienced yet you barely understand what I'm typing, either that or you're too stupid to comprehend what I type.

You can't even determine what is and what isn't an assumption, I have had SSD's come back from people who I help, and that was under a year with a guy who doesn't use tax his system.

You seem to think that because you may or may not work with systems, that makes you more knowledgeable yet your advice and sentences all resemble that of a cretin.

The quality of the SSD and the use-case scenario is highly important, yet you seem to think it's irrelevant when it directly correlates to the lifespan of the drive, go figure.

I'm inexperienced yet you barely understand what I'm typing, either that or you're too stupid to comprehend what I type.

You can't even determine what is and what isn't an assumption, I have had SSD's come back from people who I help, and that was under a year with a guy who doesn't use tax his system.

You seem to think that because you may or may not work with systems, that makes you more knowledgeable yet your advice and sentences all resemble that of a cretin.

The quality of the SSD and the use-case scenario is highly important, yet you seem to think it's irrelevant when it directly correlates to the lifespan of the drive, go figure.

Quality of the ssd + use case is important i never denied that are you blind?

But you were implying general usage + Gaming usage. An SSD WILL NOT wear out in 1 year from gaming usage or general usage.  Unless of course you give them OCZ Drives LOL 

SSD not lasting a year can mean many things, doesn't mean the flash is bad and doesnt last. All SSDs list the maximum read/write cycles, if an ssd fails before the maximum r/w cycles is reached doesn't mean its the nands fault.

Please educate yourself more about ssd before you post. You seem so stuck up about ssds, maybe its because you can't afford it :s 

getting sick of replying your uneducated post. Atleast post some proof to back up your statements instead of saying ssds arn't worth the investment.

Quality of the ssd + use case is important i never denied that are you blind?

But you were implying general usage + Gaming usage. An SSD WILL NOT wear out in 1 year from gaming usage or general usage.  Unless of course you give them OCZ Drives LOL 

SSD not lasting a year can mean many things, doesn't mean the flash is bad and doesnt last. All SSDs list the maximum read/write cycles, if an ssd fails before the maximum r/w cycles is reached doesn't mean its the nands fault.

Please educate yourself more about ssd before you post. You seem so stuck up about ssds, maybe its because you can't afford it :s 

getting sick of replying your uneducated post. Atleast post some proof to back up your statements instead of saying ssds arn't worth the investment.

Considering his drive was a Samsung SSD, arguably one of the most reputable brands, yes it is still possible for a normal usage (gaming) to kill a drive.

You're killing me here, regardless of whether it's the flash's issue that the SSD dies, the SSD still died and there's no getting around it.

Educate myself more about something you're borderline oblivious to? Good job making the worst recommendations I've seen to date.

If I couldn't afford an SSD, I wouldn't be running an Intel CPU nor a 780 Ti.

If anyone is making uneducated posts, it would be you considering you can barely structure a coherent sentence pertaining to SSDs.

An SSD will provide absolutely ZERO performance increases in games, therefore it's utterly useless for the user if he wants performance, are you seriously that mentally incompetent you cannot understand that?