If you've ever had authentication and disabled it.. you can't bot with a VPN?

redZOMBIE

So I removed authentication like a week ago, the minute I log in from my paid VPN the account gets locked and I need to recover. This is not the case with accounts that didn't have authentication.

Basically it was a throwaway account with 4 days left from bond, was gunna suicide it.

Guess I'm making a new account and not being dumb enough to put authentication on it

So guys be careful if you buy an account make sure its never had authentication, because I don't know how you can get around the auto-lock. 

Really? I need to research this.

It's basically JAG, but they lock the account in a new IP is on it opposed to registering it?

Think so.

My friend gave me an account when he quit, it had JAG on it since JAG came out and although I don't bot it you'd think it would get flagged since I live in another country.

But... Say someone wants a service done & have authentication, If they disable it so the serviceman can log in and out with ease, as soon as the serviceman logs in, it will lock?

I hope that's not the case, maybe my IP is just flagged or something and I screwed up, I kinda liked having the extra security right on my smartphone sad.png seems authentication is just not practical. However, maybe I am just unlucky.

Edit: spelling

Edited by redZOMBIE

Think so.

My friend gave me an account when he quit, it had JAG on it since JAG came out and although I don't bot it you'd think it would get flagged since I live in another country.

But... Say someone wants a service done & have authentication, If they disable it so the serviceman can log in and out with ease, as soon as the serviceman logs in, it will lock?

I hope that's not the case, maybe my IP is just flagged or something and I screwed up, I kinda liked having the extra security right on my smartphone sad.png seems authentication is just not practical. However, maybe I am just unlucky.

Edit: spelling

Hmm, weird. Nothing should happen if it's disabled, lol. That's what disabling something means. I'm at work at the moment so I'll check up on it when I get home. I was curious about it for a while but never really got around to looking into it. Only thing I know about it is that it replaced JAG and that it's supposed to be more secure, although I did find JAG as the best security precaution that Jagex has implemented so far.

Hmm, weird. Nothing should happen if it's disabled, lol. That's what disabling something means. I'm at work at the moment so I'll check up on it when I get home. I was curious about it for a while but never really got around to looking into it. Only thing I know about it is that it replaced JAG and that it's supposed to be more secure, although I did find JAG as the best security precaution that Jagex has implemented so far.

It seems if you leave it a while between disabling authentication and logging in through a VPN or Proxy it doesn't get banned locked.

I guess it kind of makes sense for me to disable authentication and then log in from an IP across the globe moments later.

Will post back if it gets locked again, but been botting an hour now so it's looking okay. 

Edit: locked not banned

Edited by redZOMBIE

It seems if you leave it a while between disabling authentication and logging in through a VPN or Proxy it doesn't get banned locked.

I guess it kind of makes sense for me to disable authentication and then log in from an IP across the globe moments later.

Will post back if it gets locked again, but been botting an hour now so it's looking okay. 

Edit: locked not banned

I've been reading up on it and I didn't see anywhere where they mentioned the account gets locked. I'm assuming that you just can't log in if you don't have the code and if you disable it, it's all good...I think.