$700-$900 Budget PC Build

Swagler

Hey guys! It's been a while since I've posted on OSB.  Anyway, I've decided I'm going to invest in a new pc because I'm getting annoyed with my current one.  I've got money for a build from $700-$1000 (Preferably more toward $700 but its easier to do with $900 I'm fine with that.) Anyway, I've already begun making one, and I'm going to update the parts as I go along (daily until I get a build I want for good.)  I'd appreciate it if someone would take the time to help me because I've never done this before.  Also I've planned to buy the computer before 8/5/14.

-Considered Build (Being edited by me)-
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fBYQcf

Edited build 7/14/2014 at 10:47PM

-Build I found online that I'm consitering-

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xwzn8d

Also, I'm building this pc for gaming. I'm hoping to set a minimum requirement for running BF4/ARMA3/CRYSIS easily with the best fps/display quality as possible with the budget I have.

Botting on this pc isn't necessary due to the fact that I'm going to set up my bots to run on the server I've got sitting in my room collecting cobwebs when I get the computer.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Swagler

I would get a new monitor and do you have GPU? There's no GPU in your current build link.

If you already have a build, don't buy a new build just upgrade the one you have. Unless it's a peace of junk but you're current build isn't a dinosaur so you should just upgrade it.

Edit: If you're looking to upgrade your PC I can recommend a GPU and monitor. If you still have some cash left over I would get more ram.

Edited by guitarfret66

I would get a new monitor and do you have GPU? There's no GPU in your current build link.

If you already have a build, don't buy a new build just upgrade the one you have. Unless it's a peace of junk but you're current build isn't a dinosaur so you should just upgrade it.

Edit: If you're looking to upgrade your PC I can recommend a GPU and monitor. If you still have some cash left over I would get more ram.

Sorry! I didnt word it correctly. My current build is junk atm it's a Dell Optiplex 765 Slim.  What was called "current build" I renamed because you unintentionally pointed out that I chose the wrong wording I meant to say it was what I am going to buy so far.  The monitor is only because I have one of those right now, and I want a better one, but it's not at the top of my list.  I also didnt include GPU in the list because I noticed the prices and deals fluctuate and I don't want to choose one until its closer to the date I am going to actually buy the parts, but I am consitering a Sapphire 11217-04-20G because of the price, but I know I'd have to pay extra for in fans and cooling, and am thinking about sacrificing some things for a better GPU and CPU for what I am going to use it for.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "a bundle or a bunch of individual parts" but from what I believe it means I think I'm looking for the individual parts.

What I understand you mean is bundle being parts sold together for cheaper from the sites. And individual parts being parts without the deals of being sold together but less of a sacrifice on the other hand?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "a bundle or a bunch of individual parts" but from what I believe it means I think I'm looking for the individual parts.

What I understand you mean is bundle being parts sold together for cheaper from the sites. And individual parts being parts without the deals of being sold together but less of a sacrifice on the other hand?

Yeah that's basically what I mean. Are you looking for AMD or Intel?

Are you looking to run the games on ultra or just run them decent?

Processor and GPU will probably be the most expensive parts so based on what kind of gaming you're looking for I can recommend some good hardware.

You can look at some bundles here: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_tlc.asp?CatId=31&name=Barebone-Kits&cm_re=Homepage-_-Spot%2015-_-n

• Like 1

MSI Twinfrozr > Evga from my experience. Get MSI twin-frozr gtx 670  Also you get cool tools along with it.

If you want pure gaming experience, you can also get SLI, which will increase your FPS massively. Don't get radeonz pls.

Fanboy much? I would go for AMD even tho I got Nvidia atm. There is no point going for Nvidia before they release the GTX 8xx series.

On another note I'm still updating the "considered build" link. And I've heard that AMD is better than Nvidia, and I've also heard that Nvidia is better than AMD, I think its comes down to the old Xbox360 vs PS3 argument, and what you want personally.  Due to the fact that I've not had either except for my current joke of a video card ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro (PCI-e, 128MB) (Before AMD bought ATI tongue.png) I've not gotten the chance to have a personal preference as of now, I'm going off of what I wanted which is a 3GB GPU and the fastest and cheapest version of that.

Edited by Swagler

AMD and Nvidia both have good selections. I use an AMD GPU and it works fantastic. Everyone says Nvidia is more efficient or more quiet, but I haven't had any problems with my hardware thus far.

There's really no point in arguing or scrambling to find reviews over which is better. 

Unless you're a hardcore game who spends all their time competing in leagues and competitions, either will suit your needs. 

JUST MAKE SURE YOU CHECK FOR COMPATIBILITY!

Edited by guitarfret66

Yeah that's basically what I mean. Are you looking for AMD or Intel?

Are you looking to run the games on ultra or just run them decent?

Processor and GPU will probably be the most expensive parts so based on what kind of gaming you're looking for I can recommend some good hardware.

You can look at some bundles here: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_tlc.asp?CatId=31&name=Barebone-Kits&cm_re=Homepage-_-Spot%2015-_-n

Ultra would be best if I could also get smooth FPS, but I don't expect to be able to run every game on ultra.  I just need it to be able to hold it's own for the next 2-3 years in gaming. (Games like the ones listed above [bF4,ARMA3,CRYSIS])