HELP! Windows 8.1 Keeps freezing!

The Hero of Time

Okay, let me start from the beginning. I downloaded windows 8, then 8.1. So far, so good. I really like it and enjoy it more than Win7.

Then i was playing a game for 2 days, no problems at all (game = Aura Kingdom), then after the third day. Windows freezed and my speakers created a loud beepppp and buzzz sound. What the **** ? restarted pc, started game, 10 minutes later, same story over and over and over.

I did a System Restore to the point that it did not happen yet, but this did not help at all. I installed a fresh version of 8.1, and same issue, over and over again. System restore, didn't help! changed bios settings Disable HPET, Set power options to High performance. I also set many bios settings with power to optimal and turned some features on. NOTHING HELPED!

Browsed on the internet, people had similair problems but there are just no fixes for me! Seriously if i look it at this way, windows 8.1 is just garbage.. sorry to say it like this but i love it, but it is USELESS if it keeps freezing!! Installed all drivers for windows 8, (Ethernet, graphics, sound) because i still had windows 7 drivers, NOPE, Did not fix it.

Another funny thing to mention, after it froze, my pc wouldn't boot. What the **** windows? forced shut down 5 TIMES, and every time my pc just wouldnt boot! after many tries, FINALY. Then 30 minutes again it froze.... What am i supposed to do ??? I don't want to go back to windows 7

Don't tell me to install other versions of windows!

Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit(6.3,build 9600) 1TB HDD 8GB RAM

AMD FX-8120 Eight-core Processor 8 cpu's 3.1GHZ

BIOS Date: 10/20/10 09:47:36 Ver: 08.00.10

Direct version: directX 11

4dcd2599f5.png

652c6a3951.png

4686df17ff.jpg

47f8254780.png

19426f2d6f.png

EDIT:

trying this now

ece04f20ed.png

3f6fbca35e.png

Edited by The Hero of Time

Nevermind

I did a System Restore to the point that it did not happen yet, but this did not help at all. I installed a fresh version of 8.1, and same issue, over and over again. System restore, didn't help! changed bios settings Disable HPET, Set power options to High performance. I also set many bios settings with power to optimal and turned some features on. NOTHING HELPED!

Edited by The Hero of Time

don't download 8.1 its shitty if you have windows 8 stay with windows 8 not 8.1

You didn't even read....

reported for irrelevant content. i am getting so fkin annoyed that ppl say this every fkin time

76a0434c8a.jpg

I'm going to take a leap and guess a memory issue(Try to remove half of your RAM, if it still occurs reinsert that part and remove the other half). Do you eventually get a bluescreen? Or does it just freez and keep buzzing ? 

Only freeze, never bluecsreen

windows 7 worked fine for 2 years or so

• Like 1

reported for irrelevant content. i am getting so fkin annoyed that ppl say this every fkin time

76a0434c8a.jpg

Well it's your fault you don't want to believe the truth...

Here's a link with Benchmark scores. Window 7's still has a better advantage over 8, so why downgrade to something when you can use the more stable, reliable, and better running Window's 7.

Here's proof, if you don't want to take my word for it:

http://kotaku.com/5935337/lets-see-how-windows-8-performs-against-windows-7

Go ahead and report for irrelevant content, just shows how much denial your in.