Completed![Armour] Osrs Kit Made By The Hero Of Time

Yup, using visual studio(o god i love that editor)

Your code is very.. interesting; you should stick to making smaller projects to help you learn rather than waste a lot of time hard-coding an application. Here are some good projects you can do to improve https://www.udemy.com/blog/c-sharp-projects/ .

A few tips based on the program you made - Think about how you want the program to run before you start coding, you hard-coded a lot because you didn't build logic into your program (i.e. you could have grabbed data online and do categorizing like this - if scimitar is present in name the weapon is a melee weapon). Use a settings class for variables, especially variables you may need to change (http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/17659/How-To-Use-the-Settings-Class-in-C). Actually give butonns/labels etc names so you don't need to view the designer to understand what you're doing. Re-use code (i.e. when you hid all the buttons you could have just put it in a method and re-used it for other buttons). Finally, make methods for each thing you want done, don't just jumble it all up in a button and call it a day.

Good effort though, c# master-race.

Edited by Fringie

Your code is very.. interesting; you should stick to making smaller projects to help you learn rather than waste a lot of time hard-coding an application. Here are some good projects you can do to improve https://www.udemy.com/blog/c-sharp-projects/ .

A few tips based on the program you made - Think about how you want the program to run before you start coding, you hard-coded a lot because you didn't build logic into your program (i.e. you could have grabbed data online and do categorizing like this - if scimitar is present in name the weapon is a melee weapon). Use a settings class for variables, especially variables you may need to change (http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/17659/How-To-Use-the-Settings-Class-in-C). Actually give butonns/labels etc names so you don't need to view the designer to understand what you're doing. Re-use code (i.e. when you hid all the buttons you could have just put it in a method and re-used it for other buttons). Finally, make methods for each thing you want done, don't just jumble it all up in a button and call it a day.

Good effort though, c# master-race.

Thanks for the feedback, but im a junior heh, i could do that, make a class, put it in a method, but i have bad experiences with methods, mostly they don't work or w/e, ill see how it goes when i continue school wink.png i will do all this much better later. 

Edited by The Hero of Time

Thanks for the feedback, but im a junior heh, i could do that, make a class, put it in a method, but i have bad experiences with methods, mostly they don't work or w/e, ill see how it goes when i continue school wink.png i will do all this much better later. 

No problem.

You were using the buttons like they were methods so you shouldn't have problems when using methods as long as you know what you want the end result produced from the method should be. 

P.S. Assuming you continue with programming in c# you should use resharper (it's an add-on), it's great. If you don't want to buy a key you can probably get a crack on thepiratebay. If you're using the express version of visual studio you'll need to get a crack of the the premium or ultimate version as the express version cant use add ons. Microsoft need to do a deal with resharper, it should be included with every copy!

This is pretty freaking awesome. Nice job mate smile.png Some of this stuff I didn't even know was in this version of the game lol

Still, with all the new armours in the game i gotta add more, and im not sure if i will do it, but if i get my main acc back from the dead(banned)(working on it) then i will definility

No problem.

You were using the buttons like they were methods so you shouldn't have problems when using methods as long as you know what you want the end result produced from the method should be. 

P.S. Assuming you continue with programming in c# you should use resharper (it's an add-on), it's great. If you don't want to buy a key you can probably get a crack on thepiratebay. If you're using the express version of visual studio you'll need to get a crack of the the premium or ultimate version as the express version cant use add ons. Microsoft need to do a deal with resharper, it should be included with every copy!

i might take a look at that in the future,and yes i will continue =p

• 2 weeks later...