How To Set Up OSBot in Eclipse Juno

Rs Bots Pro

hello today i have set up OSBot for use in Eclipse so that i may start scripting with my IDE smile.png

i will tell you how i did it and it seems to be working on for me. PLEASE tell me if it can be done better or i missed anything out i welcome it!

1. Download Eclipse Juno here: http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/release/juno/sr1

2. Click on either 32Bit or 64Bit depending on your system of the Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers, (221 MB)

3. Click on the mirror that i correct for your country mine being the UK (green text)

4. open the file that has downloaded in your own un zipping program such as winRAR

5. Extract all the files into a new folder in your program files directory or if your like me i just did it to my desktop.

6. Download OSBot if you havent already from this link: http://osbot.org/download/osbot.jar

7. Now to open Eclipse for the first time by finding the purple circle Eclipse shape in the folder you extracted to desktop/programfiles

8. Double click on the 'Eclipse' application shortcut in that folder and it will begin to boot up.

9. It will ask you to choose your workspace. pick a place you can access easily such as my docs or desktop

10. press ok and it will boot up.

11. Once opened, click on at the top Help > Eclipse Marketplace

12. In the window that opens type ' Groovy ' in the search box on the left under the tabs.

13. from the results returned to you click on ' Groovy-Eclipse for Juno ' should be around the 4th one down.

14. Install that plugin and re-start eclipse when prompted.

15. now top left click on File > New > Java Project

16. In the window that opens type ' OSBot ' into the project name and click NEXT

17. in the next window click on the Libraries tab ( 3rd one along )

18. Then click on the ' Add External JAR's '

19. now locate the OSBot.jar you downloaded from this website and click on it.

20. click finish and you are ready to script.

Credit to House for showing me how to download groovy plugin.

Edited by Rs Bots Pro

is this used to convert sripts from a text doc?

smile.png no sir, this is used for creating scripts from scratch. ( making your own if you know how )

I will be making a video tutorial on how to set up OSBot on Ecplise, the tutorial itself is very detailed well done.

cool let me know when its done, if its good enough i will add it here smile.png

smile.png no sir, this is used for creating scripts from scratch. ( making your own if you know how )

cool let me know when its done, if its good enough i will add it here smile.png

Please do not double post, use the edit button. 

You should add pictures to make the thread more lively. Also, pictures sometimes can help people see what you are doing/mean. 

I will be making a video tutorial on how to set up OSBot on Ecplise, the tutorial itself is very detailed well done.

Post on topic, this thread is about his guide, not about you creating one. 

• 2 weeks later...