Interact with interface.

Shnocky

my first snippet biggrin.png

i was messing around trying to write a method to interact with an interface, i came up with this. It seems to work good smile.png

updated, Thanks Swizzbeat & Pseudo for the updated methods ! smile.png

public boolean interactWithInterface(int parent, int child, String action) throws InterruptedException {
        RS2InterfaceChild ic = this.client.getInterface(parent).getChild(child);
        return ic != null && ic.isVisible() && ic.interact(action);
    }

the way you use it:

interactWithInterface(parentId, ChildId, Action);

example of use:

interactWithInterface(304, 3, "Make X");

this would click the make x option on the fletching interface.

Hope it comes in handy smile.png

Edited by Shnocky

I'm not sure why your settings up a child variable? Why not just do (as well as naming your variables with the correct conventions):

private boolean interactWithInterface(int parent, int child, String interaction) throws InterruptedException {
	RS2Interface interface = client.getInterface(parent);
	if (interface != null && interface.isVisible()) {
		interface.getChild(child).interact(interaction);
		return true;
	}
	return false;
}

isVisible() already checks for child elements being drawn, so there's no reason to make am RS2InterfaceChild variable. A regular RS2Interface works fine.

Edited by Swizzbeat
  • Like 1

I'm not sure why your settings up a child variable? Why not just do (as well as naming your variables with the correct conventions):

private boolean interactWithInterface(int parent, int child, String interaction) throws InterruptedException {
	RS2Interface interface = client.getInterface(parent);
	if (interface != null && interface.isVisible()) {
		interface.getChild(child).interact(interaction);
		return true;
	}
	return false;
}

isVisible() already checks for child elements being drawn, so there's no reason to make am RS2InterfaceChild variable. A regular RS2Interface works fine.

thanks, i didn't realize that :o ill update it!

make that next and not Next

Yeah forgot that :P

public boolean interactWithInterface(int parent, int child, String action) throws InterruptedException {
    }

^ Should work, I haven't tested it. Also please don't take offence at me posting this, people will be grateful for your contribution, just trying to outline how things can be done simpler/in less code with the same outcome. Good work, keep at it.

Edited by Pseudo
  • Like 1

}

^ Should work, I haven't tested it. Also please don't take offence at me posting this, people will be grateful for your contribution, just trying to outline how things can be done simpler/in less code with the same outcome. Good work, keep at it.

hmm, when i get a chance ill test this. And no i don't take any offence to that. just trying to give back to the community thats helped me so much :p and theres always room for improvements on code :)

Hi guys, this is really useful thanks, but am I able to use this function for click in the chat window? i.e. "Click here to Continue" and selecting options in the menu? if so how do I set it? I can only get it to click on talk-to on the game screen.

also i'm struggling to see what the parent and child ids are? looked in the api but it aint helping

Edited by blood1000