Our ETA!

Laz

• Developer

Anti random events unfortunately can only be written once the events are encountered. It will take some time to encounter all of them multiple times to write and test the solutions. We will need your help for this, by using accounts that are stuck in random events or by code contributed by scripters who have encountered the events them self and wrote their own anti random for it.

Jagex can't do anything, theres nothing illegal about a bot

i think wbot was just bullshitting

*face palm*

going on that amazing sentence you just wrote.

Why did jagex sue the Snellman bro's for hundreds of thousands of dollers and win a us court case against them? The snellman bro's iBot client was the shit, did everything and allowed users to run bots for 48 hours+ easily. Jagex will shut anyone down that pulls even a single number from there client. As soon as you start messing with there software or pulling any data from it, they have the right to shut you down.

That said 90% of these bot devs will shut down just from pressure off jagex lawyers. If your suddenly contacted by one given demands by phone/address what are you going to do? fork out thousands to pay for a law suit when you havent even made money from your bot yet? no chance. Mark & Eric fought Jagex in court for over 18 months and eventually lost using every trick in the law which lets face it isnt really up to par for the technological world we live in. DMCA just about covers it and even that has loop holes.

best thing anyone can do is develop there java knowledge and write there own client to the best of there ability and then use it for your own personal gain. There's another point. As soon as you start making $$ thats one more nail in your coffin in a law suit. I have my client and its simple but works and id never even consider selling/releasing any of it onto the internet because thats when trouble starts.

Edited by Rs Bots Pro
  • Like 1

*face palm*

going on that amazing sentence you just wrote.

Why did jagex sue the Snellman bro's for hundreds of thousands of dollers and win a us court case against them? The snellman bro's iBot client was the shit, did everything and allowed users to run bots for 48 hours+ easily. Jagex will shut anyone down that pulls even a single number from there client. As soon as you start messing with there software or pulling any data from it, they have the right to shut you down.

That said 90% of these bot devs will shut down just from pressure off jagex lawyers. If your suddenly contacted by one given demands by phone/address what are you going to do? fork out thousands to pay for a law suit when you havent even made money from your bot yet? no chance. Mark & Eric fought Jagex in court for over 18 months and eventually lost using every trick in the law which lets face it isnt really up to par for the technological world we live in. DMCA just about covers it and even that has loop holes.

best thing anyone can do is develop there java knowledge and write there own client to the best of there ability and then use it for your own personal gain. There's another point. As soon as you start making $$ thats one more nail in your coffin in a law suit. I have my client and its simple but works and id never even consider selling/releasing any of it onto the internet because thats when trouble starts.

Didn't p****bot go to court with them too and win?

Im so glad i found an alternative to wbot, i just hope this one doesnt get shut down also. BTW what would you do if jagex contacted you asking to stop and threatening to sue or something?

The difficulty in the situation is Jagex contacting us. They would have to work wonders, filing many subpoenas to figure out who is actually in fault of copyright infringement.

A DMCA will do nothing to us. Anyway, we will be changing our legal addresses on the website soon.

• Like 2