zCluez - OSBot's first clue scroll script!

zScripz

Thanks liverare, not doing level 3's but maybe someday tongue.png.

-About 75% done with the clue handler, should make adding clues be super simple smile.png

EDIT: Completely finished with the backbone handler :)

Currently:

• Analyzes your clue
  • Finds the best node for this clue and executes this node
Edited by zScripz

-About 75% done with the clue handler, should make adding clues be super simple smile.png

EDIT: Completely finished with the backbone handler smile.png

Currently:

• Analyzes your clue

Well, I gave you the most clues. Free version pl0x. smile.png

Here's my system:

1. Detail all clue scrolls in the XML.
  2. Create new instances of a 'clue scroll profile' that validates, parses and interpret the information for every documented clue scroll read from the XML file.
  3. Cache all the profiles in a Hashmap as values. The keys will be the clue scroll ID stored in the profile's instance.
  4. Check inventory for an item named "Clue scroll". If found, acquire its ID.
  5. Query the cache to find the details of that clue scroll. If not found, throw an error displaying something like "Clue scroll [iD] is not documented."
  6. Analyse the gotten instance and generate a new outcome, i.e., displaying the information or instructing your bot to act upon the information.

The hardest part of this process is the first two tasks...and possibly the last task if you're creating a bot.

Edited by liverare
  • Like 1

Currently:

• Analyzes your clue

Here's my system:

2. Create new instances of a 'clue scroll profile' that validates, parses and interpret the information for every documented clue scroll read from the XML file.
  3. Cache all the profiles in a Hashmap as values. The keys will be the clue scroll ID stored in the profile's instance.
  5. Query the cache to find the details of that clue scroll. If not found, throw an error displaying something like "Clue scroll [iD] is not documented."
  6. Analyse the gotten instance and generate a new outcome, i.e., displaying the information or instructing your bot to act upon the information.

The hardest part of this process is the first two tasks...and possibly the last task if you're creating a bot.

Right, the only problem I see with this method is that should something go wrong, its very hard to fix. Right now I am leaning to creating a separate controller for each specific clue - more work, but better stability. Obviously looping through 100+ clues isn't efficient, so it finds the best node to go to based on ID.

Updates:

Just some more data collection :) 2 weeks off start tomorrow expect (hope) for a free public beta by the end!

• Like 1

Why not just read the text from the clue interface? Instead of getting all 110 IDs. This leaves only the what ~10 map clue IDs.

It doesn't matter whether I read from the interface or IDs I get the same result

I know. That's why I'm saying read interface instead of getting IDs. Getting all 110 IDs may take weeks. Getting all the interface text will take like an hour of copying from the wiki. :D

Why not just read the text from the clue interface? Instead of getting all 110 IDs. This leaves only the what ~10 map clue IDs.

It doesn't matter whether I read from the interface or IDs I get the same result

I know. That's why I'm saying read interface instead of getting IDs. Getting all 110 IDs may take weeks. Getting all the interface text will take like an hour of copying from the wiki. biggrin.png

I already have all IDs :P they're linear, just a little scrambled

I know. That's why I'm saying read interface instead of getting IDs. Getting all 110 IDs may take weeks. Getting all the interface text will take like an hour of copying from the wiki. biggrin.png

I already have all IDs tongue.png they're linear, just a little scrambled

How'd you get the rest of the ID's :o

I already have all IDs tongue.png they're linear, just a little scrambled

How'd you get the rest of the ID's ohmy.png

I know what the IDs are, not what clue they correspond to :P

Currently:

• Analyzes your clue

Here's my system:

Right, the only problem I see with this method is that should something go wrong, its very hard to fix. Right now I am leaning to creating a separate controller for each specific clue - more work, but better stability. Obviously looping through 100+ clues isn't efficient, so it finds the best node to go to based on ID.

Updates:

Just some more data collection smile.png 2 weeks off start tomorrow expect (hope) for a free public beta by the end!

Fail-safe methods could be made generic and consistent, with the only variants in their handling being down to the extra data/information for the clue scroll.

I obviously can't know how your node system works, but I assume you're crating individual classes for each clue?

Currently:

• Analyzes your clue

Here's my system:

Updates:

Just some more data collection smile.png 2 weeks off start tomorrow expect (hope) for a free public beta by the end!

Fail-safe methods could be made generic and consistent, with the only variants in their handling being down to the extra data/information for the clue scroll.

I obviously can't know how your node system works, but I assume you're crating individual classes for each clue?

Yeah, you're right, I'm handling each clue with an individual node. Obviously a generic handler would be MUCH easier for me (as compared to hardcoding each clue) but the problem is, with clues there are just so many variations that could cause problems. In addition, like I said earlier, if a problem does come up, I can fix it extremely easily. I'm still not completely decided yet.

Finished 25/110 clues :)