Pandemic's Scripting Series: Part I - Setup and Basic Logic [UPDATED FOR OSBOT 2]

Pandemic

Allright Pandemic, awesome tutorial. I am not new to coding, as I have created a fairly complex YouTube bot through Visual Basic that took me about 4 months. That being said, I jumped right into Java a while back and lost a lot of the touch I used to have. Looking over this, I like what you did here.

I just simply would like to see more diversity in the code. For example, what we can and can't change, and less structured since afterall, scripts can differ so greatly. I suppose what I am trying to say is can you show us what we can add and take away with this script, and diversify the tutorial a bit? Can you also show us more with creating an accurate paint (especially a draggable one, that seems to be the new thing).

Looking through what you did here, I feel as if we would have to create a powermining script. How do we add banking? The same way we added that it mines the rocks? But what about finding the nearest location, drawing the points for it to walk (or randomizing them inbetween), etc.? There are just so many unanswered points here, and I almost feel as if I have to create a script where it powermines or powerchops because that's all I would be capable of doing.

Wow, thanks for reading the tutorial and I'm glad you like it (sort of at least).

Everything that you've said here is very, very true. I'm doing this on purpose, because I'm working on a full series of scripting tutorials (around 5 total) that will each teach you more and more.

Stay tuned for the future tutorials :)

P.S. The next tutorials will all be more on actually scripting and less on setup (as this one is).

Once again though, thanks for the write up!

• Like 3

Allright Pandemic, awesome tutorial. I am not new to coding, as I have created a fairly complex YouTube bot through Visual Basic that took me about 4 months. That being said, I jumped right into Java a while back and lost a lot of the touch I used to have. Looking over this, I like what you did here.

I just simply would like to see more diversity in the code. For example, what we can and can't change, and less structured since afterall, scripts can differ so greatly. I suppose what I am trying to say is can you show us what we can add and take away with this script, and diversify the tutorial a bit? Can you also show us more with creating an accurate paint (especially a draggable one, that seems to be the new thing).

Looking through what you did here, I feel as if we would have to create a powermining script. How do we add banking? The same way we added that it mines the rocks? But what about finding the nearest location, drawing the points for it to walk (or randomizing them inbetween), etc.? There are just so many unanswered points here, and I almost feel as if I have to create a script where it powermines or powerchops because that's all I would be capable of doing.

Wow, thanks for reading the tutorial and I'm glad you like it (sort of at least).

Everything that you've said here is very, very true. I'm doing this on purpose, because I'm working on a full series of scripting tutorials (around 5 total) that will each teach you more and more.

Stay tuned for the future tutorials smile.png

P.S. The next tutorials will all be more on actually scripting and less on setup (as this one is).

Once again though, thanks for the write up!

Perfect! Thanks a ton for the analysis! And just to clarify, I do like this tutorial as it is great for beginning. One of the best I have seen in respects to scripting. Do you happen to have a Skype? I would like to get more in depth quickly and could use some advising probably beyond this.

Didn't really explain what @override means

Override is an annotation that means you are overriding a method from a superclass. It doesn't have any functional purposes, other than readability, so people reading your code knows the method is overriden from another class.

Thanks Omoshu, but this is a rather technical version of what it does, so let me explain it much simpler:

The @Override above a function simply means that OSBot will use this function instead of the default function that's defined in the Script class (the one our script is extending from). You can also call the default function by doing the super() function inside of the function you're overriding (well it's useless in this case, because the Script class functions are empty).

• Like 2