Jagex Account & OSbot on linux?

Has anyone figured out how to launch Osbot on linux with Jagex accounts?

There is no "jagex launcher" on linux but here is a program called "Bolt"

I've gotten bolt to launch and login to an account through runelite. I've also gotten OSBot to launch with without Jagex accounts as well.

I renamed bolt's "runelite.jar" with osbot named "runelite.jar" and was able to launch osbot but it failed to initialize. 

Has anyone had any luck?? Seems like it should be possible, I'll continue tinkering and let anyone know if I figure it out.

3 hours ago, driedApricots said:

Has anyone figured out how to launch Osbot on linux with Jagex accounts?

There is no "jagex launcher" on linux but here is a program called "Bolt"

I've gotten bolt to launch and login to an account through runelite. I've also gotten OSBot to launch with without Jagex accounts as well.

I renamed bolt's "runelite.jar" with osbot named "runelite.jar" and was able to launch osbot but it failed to initialize. 

Has anyone had any luck?? Seems like it should be possible, I'll continue tinkering and let anyone know if I figure it out.

have you tried using wine ? You can probably patch that way natively 

Posted (edited)

OSbot patches the runelite install, and the jagex client launches runelite that has been patched.  Since I can already launch runelite successfully its not really a question of using the jagex launcher. And Wine would only help to run the Jagex launcher.

The runelite install has different folder locations than on windows and I think that's the only thing preventing OSBot from patching. I don't know how the OSbot patcher works but I think it just needs to be directed to the right folder and install location. The actual patching process should be exactly the same as on windows.

For example in linux runelite data is in:

/home/$USER/.runelite/ 

But the Runtelite.jar is in a different location. (along side the bolt launcher, the linux alternative to jagex launcher) 

./home/$USER/.var/app/com.adamcake.Bolt/data/bolt-launcher/runelite.jar

There might be someway to manually patch the runelite install  but I don't have a windows computer to see what files OSbot changes in the patching process to compare.

Could someone find where the runelite.jar is stored on windows? Is it in the ~/User/$USER/appdata/runelite directory?

Edited by driedApricots

• 2 weeks later...

Ah you made a thread for this as well. I replied elsewhere but yes I am having the same problem. I want to refactor my work into OSBot but cannot start until it actually patches Runelite, which can log into Jagex accounts using Bolt.

I might have to try the official launcher in WINE as a last resort. If that works I will report back.

Tried Lutris but some resources threw a 404 before it could begin to install.

Tried jagex-launcher-linux/resources/installer.py and opened it in Steam with Proton Experimental and it fails the download around 85%.

Really need the team to support Bolt Launcher, or give us manual patching instructions for the jar. Really excited to use OSBot but cannot get started at all.

Posted (edited)

Still living in hope that we might get an answer on this - it is probably a simple config setting - feel like I have tried everything though

Really surprised more people on here don't use linux

Also wtf how are there so many MacOS threads?  

On 12/5/2023 at 7:38 PM, d00my said:

MAC USER

Like usually, this is the issue and the solution is use a different OS :D How is this happening with linux!?

Edited by Fanny

• 4 weeks later...