market making via trading items

wavefloat

Hi. I'm fairly new to osrs. I'm not too familiar with the game, but I'm coming from a willing place to learn.

I know how the prices of some items go up in a linear fashion. Like 500% in a week type deal.

Is this done via market making with a vast inventory of the item? I don't see how someone can make the price of an item increase so perfectly without having huge inventory. They would have to be buying and selling the item, aka wash trading, to increase price so smoothly. And doing so with game items isn't a simple process, you would have to be buying items from yourself or others at the desired price.

A vast inventory of the item would make more sense to me, as they could increase price a few ticks every sale. Which would lead to the non parabolic charts of item prices ive seen.

Can anyone enlighten me with any alpha on this subject? I really want to get involed

Can man mode flipping has always been part of the game. What happens is wealthy investor in osrs community buy large chunks of a item over a long period of time. They either are watching something like ge-tracker or some other web service to track their items. Knowing there items and getting sometime helpful updates also is something they use. After a period of time they list there items on the GE, this is a whales game. You need to be either very wealthy in-game or use those that you can relly on to make this possibly. It is part of a private community. Leaks can mess this up. Also if joining a clan that does this expect to be the one not making anything. Look online at GE flipping..... But learning the items, uses and the longevity of the item is the best way you can support yourself on your own if trying to get into flipping. 

Best of luck,