Worth it to use proxy on alt?

Pkskillair

Hello OSBot Community

Im a big noob when it comes to botting so I would just like some advice on proxies. 

I plan to bot on just one alt account and was wondering if this required a proxy to lower the ban chance as ive read in some previous threads that proxys should only be used for gold-farms. I also play on a main (no bot) and I dont really want to get that account banned.

If i didnt use a proxy would my main get banned if the bot got banned because it would be on the same IP.

Thank you for your help and advice!

2 hours ago, Pkskillair said:

Hello OSBot Community

Im a big noob when it comes to botting so I would just like some advice on proxies. 

I plan to bot on just one alt account and was wondering if this required a proxy to lower the ban chance as ive read in some previous threads that proxys should only be used for gold-farms. I also play on a main (no bot) and I dont really want to get that account banned.

If i didnt use a proxy would my main get banned if the bot got banned because it would be on the same IP.

im faily new also but i have read its best to use a proxy because if your alt gets banned for botting,your main will be at risk also. potential chain ban. but if its on proxy your main will be safe.

3 hours ago, Pkskillair said:

Hello OSBot Community

If you play legit on your main there won't be a reason to getting ''chain banned'' because jagex normally only bans the accounts they caught botting even if it is on the same IP.

Maybe if you go extremely overboard with an insane amount of accounts and you abuse it so hard that you get IP banned and it can result in a chain ban if you did anything like RWT or so on your main because they gonna investigate it then but if you are playing 100% legit on your main i dont really see the issue if you dont make mass farms on your residential IP.

If you have a unlimited 4g data bundle you can also connect your mobile network to have a dynamic IP adress that changes almost every use, i used this alot for my alt accounts and never had a problem.

54 minutes ago, staker3000 said:

im faily new also but i have read its best to use a proxy because if your alt gets banned for botting,your main will be at risk also. potential chain ban. but if its on proxy your main will be safe.

Hey staker,

thanks for your reply, I think it might be worth getting then.

I've been levelling my alt manually on the same connection as my main, do you think this will have any affect even if I use a proxy from now on?

4 minutes ago, Dutchsmoker420 said:

If you play legit on your main there won't be a reason to getting ''chain banned'' because jagex normally only bans the accounts they caught botting even if it is on the same IP.

Maybe if you go extremely overboard with an insane amount of accounts and you abuse it so hard that you get IP banned and it can result in a chain ban if you did anything like RWT or so on your main because they gonna investigate it then but if you are playing 100% legit on your main i dont really see the issue if you dont make mass farms on your residential IP.

If you have a unlimited 4g data bundle you can also connect your mobile network to have a dynamic IP adress that changes almost every use, i used this alot for my alt accounts and never had a problem.

Hey Dutch, thanks for your reply!

I feel much more confident with what you said, like I said above, I only plan on botting one alt account.

Unfortunately I dont have an unlimited mobile data package (yet), but If I do get it in my area I will definietly look into that.

Thank you :)