Botting Ban

duration

Hey everyone just wanted to throw an update on my latest history with my bans and give some feedback on improvements.

First off i want to make it clear that yes i know you shouldn't bot on accounts that get you banned but none the less its a discussion worth having to improve the technological hurdles we go through.

From my thought process in thinking you shouldn't use bots that click on the minimap in order to walk somewhere. When i say this i mean if something is legit in view why is it clicking on the mini map where the npc is. That is not realistic at all to click the npc that close.

Make sure your npc is visible, make sure the bot isnt clicking through walls or somewhere you cant see. Clicking through walls is a big red flag for me.

Thats my thoughts at the moment i know its short but ill make a better list later.

I periodically watch my scripts from time to time. I never just walk away from my PC for hours on end ; I'll come back to banned accounts. I have notice an increase in bans, so I just cutdown my botting times and added more times for breaks. 

Still riding strong this week! Hope we can make it to Christmas xD 

• Like 1

I've heard a lot of these ban stories over many years and I think there's always going to be a visible minority of people with bad luck that offer speculation as to what really gets you banned.

From my own experience (botting since ~2006), Jagex is very stupid and/or lazy and they always will be (they have to be). Botting is so easy (because the tools and means to do it are easy to make and get) that the majority of their playerbase either does it or profits from it (RWT, muling, etc)... so they're never going to ramp up the strength all the way. They can't. They're going to be lazy, and they're going to ban you for obvious things, like bugging out and clicking a bank stall for two hours (I lost a noob account to this a week ago).

When you start behaving differently from other account running the same script, you are comparatively much safer. There will ALWAYS be a random chance of a ban, but it goes drastically down when you have your own private/different behavior. I don't think wall clicking is as bad as you might think, because Runelite users entity highlight all the time now with no bans. As for minimap clicking, I think that could be suspicious, but I doubt Jagex even sees it. Run some tests and find out, maybe?

I have a few theories which come from others experiences and my own, its not a complete theory as the fundamental 'what jagex are looking for specifically' is, as far as I'm aware, unknown.

But it's safe to assume that Jagex profile all accounts, they know the process to make a zulrah bot, which quests, skills etc.. profiled accounts get monitored more heavily and possibly monitored in a way that's comparing its behavior to other confirmed bots in their database. I'd imagine all accounts are profiled in some way, that's why training other stats is a good anti ban.

There's also the client detection side of it, but we have mirror mode and its definitely effective, but also player reports and how many people are using that same script. Definitely more measures in place to stop mass bot farms i.e. ip address maybe mac? other things I don't really know much about 

Also bots / scripts are just a series of checks and loops with sleeps in-between sometimes.

Where and what you click on also could be what their looking for, precisely if its about click timings or click locations is also unknown. It seems hard to imagine since there would have to be a lot more false bans, so how ever it is that they detect us, its pretty accurate. I'm sure the really good scripters have their own private scripts that have ultra low ban rates.

gl hf

Definitely an increase in banrate recently. I have gotten countless accounts to 1700+ total levels. Recently I have been getting absolutely crushed. Jagex recently received more funding and allocated more to their bot busting team to expand.

Time to scale back botting times. Looking forward to OSBot 3.0 if it ever see's the light of day. I think it could be a big leap forward for the platform that would could take Jagex a while to catch up to.