shahidka

Hi! major noob here having trouble opening osbot i am running windows 8 (old laptop i have) i downloaded java and osbot but when i open i get an error message can i get some help and if i can get instructions on how to fix i have installed and uninstalled java like 5 times. i neve got the message from osbot that it was harmful to my device like i did with my desktop so i found that odd as well. 

and if this has been solved in another thread im sorry! learning how to navigate through here...

java error.png

Edited by Edward Baeza
block out user

24 minutes ago, Edward Baeza said:

Hi! major noob here having trouble opening osbot i am running windows 8 (old laptop i have) i downloaded java and osbot but when i open i get an error message can i get some help and if i can get instructions on how to fix i have installed and uninstalled java like 5 times. i neve got the message from osbot that it was harmful to my device like i did with my desktop so i found that odd as well. 

and if this has been solved in another thread im sorry! learning how to navigate through here...

java error.png

Remove all java versions before installing the correct one (java 8 )

Are you starting from a command prompt or using some other program to launch the client?

31 minutes ago, Edward Baeza said:

when removing java it says i have java 8 update 231? and i have to search for java when trying to open osbot

Yes, just make sure you removed all versions before installing java 8

Is your storage space almost full?

Does it work if you delete temporary files? (that's somewhere in the windows settings, use the search thing to find it)

6 hours ago, Token said:

Yes, just make sure you removed all versions before installing java 8

Is your storage space almost full?

Does it work if you delete temporary files? (that's somewhere in the windows settings, use the search thing to find it)

no i did a factory reset so i could use this laptop on the weekends for this >.< 

still having trouble trying to figure this out....

4 hours ago, Edward Baeza said:

no i did a factory reset so i could use this laptop on the weekends for this >.< 

still having trouble trying to figure this out....

For some reason the file is too large though, did you play with the java memory settings for heap size or other flags?

Start from command line with -debug 0 flag and check whats printed

19 hours ago, Token said:

For some reason the file is too large though, did you play with the java memory settings for heap size or other flags?

Start from command line with -debug 0 flag and check whats printed

so i decided to just do a reset again i think where i messed up was download osbot first before java and tried to open. downloaded java and thats when i had problems but this time got java first then osbot and no trouble at all.... thanks for your patience!