So is no one else getting locked depending on the client they log into?

irwtonrs1

I believe the locking issue for osrs first started in Jan/Feb of 2017 if my memory serves me correctly. Since then, the things the cause the locks have changed a few times. Maybe like 4 months ago, I remember some people saying they were only getting locked when logging into botting clients but not "official" clients, such as runelite. I tested it myself at the time and yes, logging into accounts via botting clients would end up with the account getting locked, but logging into an "official" client wouldn't.

Account locks are still common obviously, I simply just register emails to all accounts I use anyway so it doesn't really matter. But out of curiosity I just tested the locks again within the last 15 minutes and these are my results.

OSBot - locked

Public bot 1 - locked

Public bot 2 - locked

Public bot 3 - locked 

Runelite - fine until I logged into OSBot.

Maxthon browser - fine

The entire time I was doing this, I stayed logged into the account that I logged into on runelite. So for a solid 20 minutes I was logged in game and switched worlds a handful of times. No lock. After I finished testing the other clients, I logged out of the account that was on runelite and logged that account into OSBot. Once in-game, I switched worlds and was then hit with the connection lost message and the account was locked.

Every account, except for the account that I logged into using maxthon browser, logged in using the same IP (vps IP).  The accounts used were purchased tut completed accounts that hadn't logged in-game for the past 293 days. Unless I'm missing something, it seems fairly obvious logging into something that isn't considered to be "official" ends up in your account getting locked. 

I know I can't be the only one, and I know there are probably some people that can log into these clients without getting locked, so I'm curious as to what could be the cause. I can't see how IP is playing a role in this given the information I just provided, so I'm interested in what others have to say as there must be some logical explanation. 

I created new account, logged in using another botting client, entered random name, didn't interact with the game for 4 minutes, got disconnected and got banned for macroing. All this on my own ip. This shit is so funny, one of the fastest ban i've ever received lol

Edited by Ayylmao420

31 minutes ago, brayden921 said:

Are you saying that when you buy tut island accounts, logging them in with vanilla Runescape client doesn't get them locked right away? 

Seems to be the case, on my end at least, and has been like that for quite some time

11 minutes ago, Swizzbeat said:

Obviously Jagex is doing some client side validation to determine if you're using what they determine to be a bot client or not.

surprised more people don't mention this, I can't be the only one it happens to

11 hours ago, irwtonrs1 said:

Seems to be the case, on my end at least, and has been like that for quite some time

surprised more people don't mention this, I can't be the only one it happens to

Yeah, it happened to me aswell, Up until monday, I could bot fine on the account, After monday, the account got locked within 5 min of it being logged in on OSBot

• 1 month later...

They can detect third party clients. So, using the official Runescape client you won't get locked. Also, using OSBuddy and RuneLite won't get you locked either because they know that those are the most used third party clients and they give them a pass. However, the other third party clients like OSBot and others are either not recognized therefore you get locked or they are recognized as botting clients and therefore the same conclusion.

Hello guys, 

believe it or not, back in 2009-2013 I almost suicide botted an account for more then 6-7h a day, had progresses (with breaks) of 64h+... ofc got banned but reached 2100 total+, never really cared about the account but took notice of my gameplay increasing when getting higher lvls. Even botted red chimps, scripts running bad overnight and me standing at some random place typing 14 every 10 sec.... got 99 agil in monkeys course by no problem, 99 thieving by blackjacking, 99 atk/str/def by minigames, 99 magic in my own build house by making tabs to mango (or idk), did 99 hunting as i mentionned, 99 firemaking and wc without any problems... thing is, I started the bot when going to school and after school completed different quests/diary's/flipping/talking and giving advice, you get it (aka 'I'm not a botter, not in any way...' hahahah

i've started a new account because ban finally came... I know for sure Jagex reads these page's, ye for sure, alllll of them... but gained a lot of exp myself on this new account and I only bot agility and meanwhile alching (selfmade) yew longbows, and have the habit to always play on the OSBOT client, even when I play legit most of the time.

I'm a little bit shocked now because this has never happened to me (locked? accounts?), not now nor the past.

Must mention that I play more legit (like, me clicking shit) than botting on it (ratio of 1/5 approx) but always use OSBOT and also a lot of mobile... due to the risk i'm not mentionning any levels or specific things but my account is less then 25 days old and already have 11XX total level. The only skill I really hate is agility so ye, I bot ...ofc (using premium script) 

So finally, my question, is it for sure that IF you login on OSBOT client, you'll get locked or banned? 

Also, to the job offer mentionned monitoring accounts/statistics/etc... does this mean they can backtrack everything? I already can see they look at your geographic location to determen it's night/workhours/... and they keep track of your playing activity so if your login time raises by 300% with one week you'll get flagged. But I'm curious if they even can backtrack friend-, clan, public or other chats?

Got to mention that i tried, again, suicide bot, 2 accounts at the same time but they were both banned within 2 weeks of hardcore botting (non goldfarming, even bought bonds to pay and lvl up fast)

I play on OSBOT client (not giving exect numbers, but like 75-85% of the time) manually and after reading this rather recent post I am a little bit worried that just using the client could and would get you banned?

Please someone respond...

Bexxe

Edited by bexxe

Bro i'm an accountant and know sh*t about java 10 or orther things, but I am almost sure jagex can see what programs are running in the background for future android or ios bots.

Better stop using that client, I get it... You seem like someoone who knows some things bro! Is it still an option to use Jitbt or is it also already busted fearly quickly? And btw... If i don't get you wrong brother, I will ALWAYS be flagged and followed/reviewed/researched when using OSBOT client? If so, isn't there a way to get rid of that? I'm afraid Jagex can really see much more differenent and accurate statistics then we ever would think... :/

Edit: If they actually could just see, player: XXXX, using client: OSBot.... i'm shitting my pans at lumbrige bank cause that would mean they knew it all the time and are just waiting for me to bot more..? & BAM PERMA BAN??? NERDS fagex

still, IF they knew all the time, played 90%+ manually and they just could find out why i'm using that client... lel... even if banned, got fagex bamboolized for half a second maybe :D

Edited by bexxe