Bot Busting Ban Moderatre

Xanthippie

Just came back to RS in general about two months ago and just got hit with that "Bot Busting Moderate" 1 day temporary ban. I know the risks of botting, I have almost every premium script for all the skills except combat/slayer (which I usually legit). 

Pretty sure I got caught this past weekend because I left my bot running while I left the house and forgot that it would check my bank when it ran out of ranging supplies; tldr: it spam opened my bank, searched for supplies, closed, repeat X 1-3 hours straight. Knowing that I probably got flagged by their weekend automated system I moved all my gold off to another account and woke up today with that sweet sweet 1 day temp ban. 

Haven't been caught till that silly mistake I made, was just curious if it is even worth continuing to bot "safely"  like I was doing util that detection or are my chances really high now of being banned since they gave me the temp? I know the risks of botting on a "main" but I mean I only spent 1.5 months botting and got it to a decent level in everything with a couple 90s so I'm not too phased but would be annoyed to do all the quests again. 

Edited by Xanthippie
  • Sad 1

i don't know what kind of answers you're expecting.. don't bot on main if you value it.. use proper working scripts.. goldfarm on alt accounts..
not much else to it

edit: your ip most likely isn't flagged if it was your home ip. get banned a bunch of times in a row on the same ip in the same day for a flag

Edited by superuser

33 minutes ago, superuser said:

i don't know what kind of answers you're expecting.. don't bot on main if you value it.. use proper working scripts.. goldfarm on alt accounts..
not much else to it

edit: your ip most likely isn't flagged if it was your home ip. get banned a bunch of times in a row on the same ip in the same day for a flag

Yeah I know the risks of botting, did it for year back in RS and gold farmed back then too. Was just curious if it is worth continuing to bot "safely" after a temp ban or are my chances heightened now for getting that perm ban vs. starting on a new account

3 minutes ago, Xanthippie said:

Yeah I know the risks of botting, did it for year back in RS and gold farmed back then too. Was just curious if it is worth continuing to bot "safely" after a temp ban or are my chances heightened now for getting that perm ban vs. starting on a new account

I got a temp then botted upto 99 str. no ban

Just now, John Cena said:

I got a temp then botted upto 99 str. no ban

Did you change anything up or do you know if you got the temp ban for something specific? For me it was the NMZ script that was looking for more scales for my BP so I switched to a MSB(i) and rune arrows so it wouldn't have that problem. I transferred my bank off last night just in case I got hit with a Perm, I had a macroning major ban back in 2009 so I figured they wouldn't even give me any temporary bans but when I recovered my account from them 2 months ago, a jmod "quashed" all those old offences so I was in the clear in terms of offenses till this one.

14 minutes ago, Xanthippie said:

52 minutes ago, Xanthippie said:

So I just had my main get a 1 day temp ban for "bot busting" from the weekend, most likely due to a script breaking and constantly openning my bank and closing it for an hour or two before I got home to check it lol. Does this mean they flagged my IP again (I recently got banned when I came back to osrs but I built a new computer and got a new modem/router coincidentally so I think my IP changed from that)? Is it not safe to bot on my main anymore if I kept doing what I was doing with switching up the botting, playing legit for quests/slayer/bosses, and keeping it to a minimum to avoid a script breaking again and getting detected or is it time to start a new account? I knew this was coming and transferred my whole bank to another account and woke up today to find the temp ban. 

Home IP rarely change unless you have a dynamic one, even then it takes a while for it to change while DCed or restarting router.

A new router and PC doesn't change your IP, the IP is on the internet providers side. 

Obviously, there has no "botting safely" after getting a ban or warning for botting. You probably had the same IP. so chances are botting on your own home IP will result with more bans. Starting a new account means nothing unless you make/bot it on a proxy. Even back in the day, this was a given so it should be clear things are harder than before.

You can check if your internet provider provides a static or dynamic IP by going to the router/modems settings through the default private IP.  Google your model number to find the private address and the default login (unless you've changed it before then you should know how to access it). Once you confirm its dynamic, you can edit the lease settings (rare nowadays from what Ive seen) to reduce the lease from XX minutes to say 5 min. Then save, turn off your router/modem, disconnect all cables to make sure, then simply wait more than 5 min and reconnect it and reset the lease settings back to normal. 

If youre lucky simply releasing/renewing the lease will DC your internet for a sec and reconnect with a new IP. 

Otherwise, dont bot at all on your home IP and just get a cheap proxy that hasnt been blacklisted by Jagex. You could always risk botting and mixing a lot of play by hand but I wouldnt

Edited by overboardsea123s

2 minutes ago, overboardsea123s said:

Home IP rarely change unless you have a dynamic one, even then it takes a while for it to change while DCed or restarting router.

A new router and PC doesn't change your IP, the IP is on the internet providers side. 

Obviously, there has no "botting safely" after getting a ban or warning for botting. You probably had the same IP. so chances are botting on your own home IP will result with more bans. Starting a new account means nothing unless you make/bot it on a proxy. Even back in the day, this was a given so it should be clear things are harder than before.

You can check if your internet provider provides a static or dynamic IP by going to the router/modems settings through the default private IP.  Google your model number to find the private address and the default login (unless you've changed it before then you should know how to access it). Once you confirm its dynamic, you can edit the lease settings (rare nowadays from what Ive seen) to reduce the lease from XX minutes to say 5 min. Then save, turn off your router/modem, disconnect all cables to make sure, then simply wait more than 5 min and reconnect it and reset the lease settings back to normal. 

If youre lucky simply releasing/renewing the lease will DC your internet for a sec and reconnect with a new IP. 

Otherwise, dont bot at all on your home IP and just get a cheap proxy that hasnt been blacklisted by Jagex. You could always risk botting and mixing a lot of play by hand but I wouldnt

Ah okay, thanks for that.

Yeah I was doing the botting multiple skills + breaks + legit playing quests/slayer/some combat etc. 

I still think I got flagged because of the "broken bot behavior" and I've thought about using a proxy but I don't gold farm anymore so that would just be shelling out more money on just one account that I've already blown money on for premium scripts + gold haha

Overboard is mostly correct, I just have a couple points of order:

The ISP does assign the IP, but it is tied to the MAC address of the router, so a new router will result in a new IP. Not a big deal but I felt the need to clarify.

You can set the lease time to whatever you want, but the ISP doesn't have to (and mostly wont) honor it. They have their default lease time on their end and most likely their policy will override whatever you set on your router.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xanthippie said:

Ah okay, thanks for that.

Yeah I was doing the botting multiple skills + breaks + legit playing quests/slayer/some combat etc. 

I still think I got flagged because of the "broken bot behavior" and I've thought about using a proxy but I don't gold farm anymore so that would just be shelling out more money on just one account that I've already blown money on for premium scripts + gold haha

$2-$3 a month for botting can be recouped in like a day though 

Just now, sudoinit6 said:

Overboard is mostly correct, I just have a couple points of order:

The ISP does assign the IP, but it is tied to the MAC address of the router, so a new router will result in a new IP. Not a big deal but I felt the need to clarify.

You can set the lease time to whatever you want, but the ISP doesn't have to (and mostly wont) honor it. They have their default lease time on their end and most likely their policy will override whatever you set on your router.

For the first part, that used to be true but nowadays you will still get the same IP. Speaking from experience with Frontier, Time Warner/Spectrum, and Verizon DSL; I used to change my home IP for several reasons easily with the lease setting then that was changed (probably what you said in the second part) so I tried using different modems/routers and worked for the first change or two but after that stuck with the same IP. 

I remember reading a reddit post somewhere claiming ISP are being stingy with IPs the last couple years to avoid upgrading/cost lol

1 minute ago, overboardsea123s said:

$2-$3 a month for botting can be recouped in like a day though 

So much this!

For the first part, that used to be true but nowadays you will still get the same IP. Speaking from experience with Frontier, Time Warner/Spectrum, and Verizon DSL; I used to change my home IP for several reasons easily with the lease setting then that was changed (probably what you said in the second part) so I tried using different modems/routers and worked for the first change or two but after that stuck with the same IP. 

That's interesting. I will admit I am a sysadmin that knows a little networking so I will take your experience at face value, I just wonder how they tie the IP to anything but the MAC of the router.

2 minutes ago, sudoinit6 said:

So much this!

That's interesting. I will admit I am a sysadmin that knows a little networking so I will take your experience at face value, I just wonder how they tie the IP to anything but the MAC of the router.

No professional or schooling knowledge on it, simply word of mouth and experience. But seems to be mostly true.

I even asked TWC/Spectrum why the IP was not changed with the new modem changes I made and they simply said they wont change an IP unless given a good reason. Back in the day, you could even call for an IP change saying your kid got banned on some game because X excuse blah blah got him in trouble. xDDD

Your story is consistent with my experience as well, I do not AFK bot anymore lol

The positive? The answer to your question is yes, you should continue to bot safely. I had a bot busting ban on an account at 70 range/mage and have been able to get 95 95 without any further problems just by moderating hours played and the type of activity. Shouldn't be a problem if you're playing long term, but you have effectively lost your get out of jail free card (though arguably perms can occur from blank accounts anyway).

Chain bans only happen to botfarms/bots associated with RWT - I wouldn't think your situation requires a proxy unless you want 'insurance' on possible further bans.

Edited by Anon145

I'm currently sitting in the same boat @Xanthippie.

Main got a 2 day temp ban a few weeks ago. But, it was expected- It was definitely a solid run 1700 + DS2 in a short few months.
However, I took a couple weeks break and I actually enjoyed playing the game for a bit. 

Now, I'm back at it and being extraextraextra safe- only doing some things I need for raids 2. Wish I can bot runecrafting / agility more ...but fkkdat :ban:
GL on your journey.

14 hours ago, Xanthippie said:

Just came back to RS in general about two months ago and just got hit with that "Bot Busting Moderate" 1 day temporary ban. I know the risks of botting, I have almost every premium script for all the skills except combat/slayer (which I usually legit). 

Pretty sure I got caught this past weekend because I left my bot running while I left the house and forgot that it would check my bank when it ran out of ranging supplies; tldr: it spam opened my bank, searched for supplies, closed, repeat X 1-3 hours straight. Knowing that I probably got flagged by their weekend automated system I moved all my gold off to another account and woke up today with that sweet sweet 1 day temp ban. 

Haven't been caught till that silly mistake I made, was just curious if it is even worth continuing to bot "safely"  like I was doing util that detection or are my chances really high now of being banned since they gave me the temp? I know the risks of botting on a "main" but I mean I only spent 1.5 months botting and got it to a decent level in everything with a couple 90s so I'm not too phased but would be annoyed to do all the quests again. 

Jagex has an automated system to detect patterns in clicks, time frames between them and shit.. also that stuck moment would have triggered it :x

too bad bro