Looking for someone to help me set up a forum

Britain

The start up cost for a forum similar to OSBots is significant. OSBot uses IPBoard(AKA Invision Community) to run their forums which is not free. They have a demo to test it out if you wish. There plans and pricing are here. And it's not cheap(They offer hosting which I don't recommend.) Setting it up with MyBB or similar free PHP based forums are simple but time consuming as there are roles, graphics, templates, and initial posts to consider. 

From someone who is new to the field without many references $20/hr is a conservative estimate. A professional web designer can get quite expensive. My recommendation is get a hosting provider such as GoDaddy with cPanel behind it. Get them to install MyBB for you on a subdomain like forums.example.com so you can have a front facing website with information at the base domain that directs to the forums, store, etc. And learn the PHPBB back end on your own. Find a freelancer on a website like Fiverr to do your graphics and perhaps even setup your landing page(Do your research, a lot of them just use their own templates for each customer they get so they can produce low quality content much quicker). Then market the website. Once those forums are a success it's not hard to migrate to a fancier paid board such as IPBoard or PlushForums. 

<3

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Eligeion said:

The start up cost for a forum similar to OSBots is significant. OSBot uses IPBoard(AKA Invision Community) to run their forums which is not free. They have a demo to test it out if you wish. There plans and pricing are here. And it's not cheap(They offer hosting which I don't recommend.) Setting it up with MyBB or similar free PHP based forums are simple but time consuming as there are roles, graphics, templates, and initial posts to consider. 

From someone who is new to the field without many references $20/hr is a conservative estimate. A professional web designer can get quite expensive. My recommendation is get a hosting provider such as GoDaddy with cPanel behind it. Get them to install MyBB for you on a subdomain like forums.example.com so you can have a front facing website with information at the base domain that directs to the forums, store, etc. And learn the PHPBB back end on your own. Find a freelancer on a website like Fiverr to do your graphics and perhaps even setup your landing page(Do your research, a lot of them just use their own templates for each customer they get so they can produce low quality content much quicker). Then market the website. Once those forums are a success it's not hard to migrate to a fancier paid board such as IPBoard or PlushForums. 

<3

"NEW TO THE FIELD" was that an assumption? Welcome to my shit list, Newbie.

• Like 1