Account sales minimum value to prevent scammers.

Chuckle

On 10/24/2017 at 1:02 PM, Chris said:

i got a solution

no1 sell accs

This would only affect the legit sellers. The scammers don't really care about the rules and that's the reason they scam even though it's blatantly against the rules.

Legit sellers will stop. Scammers will continue to scam regardless and the illiterate will be accused of scamming, even though they may have good intentions but just completely ignorant.

On 20-10-2017 at 10:32 AM, Chuckle said:

Account section suggestion, Minimum value to prevent scammers.

TL:DR VERSION, REMOVE THE REALLY CHEAP OBVIOUS SCAM LISTINGS.

I had a customer come to me who had bought a maxed main with all the trimmings b gloves voids lunars everything for 180m and had it recovered for for 500m+ bank 

someone who knows the market knows an account that for that price is extremely likely to be a scam. but new users do not..

How it happens 

The account sales section has been pestered with scammers selling very very nice accounts extremely cheap to entice victims.

They build up a little bit of feedback then sell a high end account for well under half the price from trusted sellers

This is leading to multiple scams every month, Anyone who follows the dispute section can see them and im sure alot of them could be avoided 

Suggestion to fix/Decrease the ammount

I suggest a minimum price (total xp times x)

This should be a very low amount like 2 or 3x to ensure account prices in normal circumstances are not effected 

But it should cover the crazy listings like a maxed b gloves zerker with 94 magic 99 range for 80m

in 95% of cases these sales lead to scams

and the 1/20 who sell that cheap in legit circumstances i.e. they need cash fast will likely regret it down the line and possibly scam 

Example of Account minimum value 

If the minimum value is set Total xp times 3

Accounts would have to be listed with total xp visible (end digits could be blured for safety if they like)

max mains with range and mage (78m xp would be 234M)

maxed main staker mimum (52m total xp would be 156m)

maxed zerks (30-50mxp would be 90-150m)

Max pure (39m xp would be 117M)

Normal low level accs wouldnt be effected as they have pretty low xp

like a 70 70 70 nmz account only has 2.2m xp so it would be 6.6m

It may not be a perfect system but surely something can be done to prevent these sales

any thoughts and other ideas very welcome 

no i dont think you should apply this because when you make a minimum amount the scammers can get even more in it since it seems more legit.

ive sold some accounts extremely cheap because i just want quick cash and yet im not banned for scamming (member since 2011 on another site).

why i sold them extremely cheap? because i play time to time and whenever i dont play for like 1-4 weeks i sell them and make new ones (dont ask me why.....)

the only thing i could think of that would the amount of feedback that will be needed to sell an account like 10+ feedback instead of 100 posts which is done in hours (without showing its spamming).