Mirror mode with proxies

DoubleD

I used this guide to setup the proxies for OSbuddy and mirror client:

It seems to work well, but I am not 100 percent sure if the proxy is configured correctly. When I check proxifier the programs says OSbuddy is using the correct IP. But when I login with OSBot is shows a different IP when I use IP checker (see picture). I imagine that it shows a different IP just simply because the IP is not assigned to OSBot but only to OSbuddy, but would like to hear if anyone can verify this. 

IP.jpg

56 minutes ago, WillR said:

OSBot will show your actual IP because it's pinging from your PC. If you're logged into w93 then your proxy will be what jagex sees.

That's not how proxifier is designed. Proxifier works per application and all traffic from OSBuddy is exactly that, from OSBuddy. There are no background services or other executables running which could be leaking his IP. Basically all traffic per application goes Application -> Proxifier configured proxy -> Server.

@DoubleD I suspect the proxy you're trying to use is faulty, but proxifier seems to think it's valid. Here's an easy enough way to verify:

1. If you haven't already, google "Proxy Checker" and run it through a legitimate looking site, or just ping it through command prompt and see what happens. If it times out, you need a new proxy.
  2. Check your actual IP on a site like http://whatismyipaddress.com/ 
  3. Log in and out of OSBuddy with proxifier as it's set up, verify that the "last IP" is set to your proxy IP
  4. Log in and out of OSBot as standard, if you see your actual IP, with a different one in OSBuddy, you're good to go.

As an additional step, it may be worth checking your proxy's IP address against http://whatismyipaddress.com/IPHERE to see if it's already listed as a suspected/confirmed proxy.

Edited by Roast

15 minutes ago, Roast said:

That's not how proxifier is designed. Proxifier works per application and all traffic from OSBuddy is exactly that, from OSBuddy. There are no background services or other executables running which could be leaking his IP. Basically all traffic per application goes Application -> Proxifier configured proxy -> Server.

@DoubleD I suspect the proxy you're trying to use is faulty, but proxifier seems to think it's valid. Here's an easy enough way to verify:

1. If you haven't already, google "Proxy Checker" and run it through a legitimate looking site, or just ping it through command prompt and see what happens. If it times out, you need a new proxy.
  2. Check your actual IP on a site like http://whatismyipaddress.com/ 
  3. Log in and out of OSBuddy with proxifier as it's set up, verify that the "last IP" is set to your proxy IP
  4. Log in and out of OSBot as standard, if you see your actual IP, with a different one in OSBuddy, you're good to go.

As an additional step, it may be worth checking your proxy's IP address against http://whatismyipaddress.com/IPHERE to see if it's already listed as a suspected/confirmed proxy.

I'm pretty sure in the past I've had Proxifier setup with multiple proxies, and I've set the Target Hosts to the different Runescape worlds.

13 minutes ago, WillR said:

I'm pretty sure in the past I've had Proxifier setup with multiple proxies, and I've set the Target Hosts to the different Runescape worlds.

Oh shit you're right, my bad! Looks like the tutorial he's linked recommends doing that too, but judging by his screenshot he's set it up to work per application, as it's routing traffic to rsbuddy APIs and runescape worlds to the same proxy.

42 minutes ago, Roast said:

Oh shit you're right, my bad! Looks like the tutorial he's linked recommends doing that too, but judging by his screenshot he's set it up to work per application, as it's routing traffic to rsbuddy APIs and runescape worlds to the same proxy.

I setup RSbuddy with proxifier and opened OSbot regularly