$1000 PC Build - Feedback?

JohnDoe1

I don't have much experience in this but a lot of people have told me to get the new ryzen rather than any Intel CPU, also get 3000mhz ram instead of your 2133. as for the GPU hmm for a 1k$ rig i find that quite low for the scale of the rig. Also i heard people suggesting buying used parts instead of new since they are cheaper , and as reliable but i can't really give you my word to it as it is only what i heard.

25 minutes ago, PulseImpulse said:

I don't have much experience in this but a lot of people have told me to get the new ryzen rather than any Intel CPU, also get 3000mhz ram instead of your 2133. as for the GPU hmm for a 1k$ rig i find that quite low for the scale of the rig. Also i heard people suggesting buying used parts instead of new since they are cheaper , and as reliable but i can't really give you my word to it as it is only what i heard.

well ryzen works alot with ram speed as performance.

intel doenst that much.

ryzen is great for multi tasking editing etc.

i5 7600k is the best option for a gamer build.

like the other guy said you should buy a 1070.

1070 is by far a better option for now and to upgrade to SLI

1 minute ago, JARNQ said:

Ryzen > i5

nah read me post above

i5 7600k is the best option now.

29 minutes ago, JARNQ said:

Definitely not lol, i5 7600k has barely better fps on games (on some games ryzen even has more fps) and Ryzen 1600s have 6 cores instead of 4.

games barely use more than 4 cores.

if you want to go for a ryzen 1600 you should get good ram not 2133

cant get all of that for 1k (atleast not that im known of)

Id personally go with a Gold rated PSU since higher wattage PSU's have more wasted energy thru heat than say a 400w. Corsair is a good brand though.

Also go with a 1070 if you have the budget for it, I have an Asus ROG 1060 6G and its alright but I know I overpaid for it, But it's also one of the most expensive 1060s just because its RoG. Sapphire is a good brand and also seems to be one of if not the cheapest (price wise) for GPUs

Edited by RDM

14 hours ago, IlliniGuy said:

I'd recommend getting a 1070 instead of a 1060. I had a 1060 but eventually upgraded to a 1070 because the 1060 just wasn't good enough, and the 1070 is the sweet spot for video cards for price/performance imo

Thanks for reply :) The 1070 is a easy $200 extra though and games I play are very undemanding. I'll consider it; however for the extra $200 I'd rather beef up something else more suited.

14 hours ago, PulseImpulse said:

Ryzen is good; but more geared towards video editing; sound editing and rendering and such. Considering this is just a normal every day surfer computer with gaming; I feel it's alright. is the RAM upgrade make much difference?

4 hours ago, Jordy said:

Plus the ryzen 6 core is worth it alone, you don't need hyperthread to play video games because they split the cores and the ghz is halved essentially, most games only utilize two cores max. 

I thought Ryzen was more video editing etc?

36 minutes ago, JohnDoe1 said:

Thanks for reply :) The 1070 is a easy $200 extra though and games I play are very undemanding. I'll consider it; however for the extra $200 I'd rather beef up something else more suited.

Ryzen is good; but more geared towards video editing; sound editing and rendering and such. Considering this is just a normal every day surfer computer with gaming; I feel it's alright. is the RAM upgrade make much difference?

ram speed is something i only started caring about when i found out just cause 3 has better performance , and higher fps on faster memory, and i think it's only like 10$ extra or something

3 hours ago, JohnDoe1 said:

With i5 you'll lose more on things that benefit from more cores, than you lose from gaming with ryzen. You said the games you play aren't that demanding anyways, so ryzen would probably be the better pick for you.

Edited by JARNQ

10 hours ago, JohnDoe1 said:

Ryzen does have better multi tasking capabilities as an 8 core processor but with their lower core processors they are just as good if not better than intel for the fact that they aren't hyperthreaded.