Preventing RS Botting Bans V3

Alek

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2019 at 11:09 AM, fittig said:

That sounds like a security-focused IT role for certain.  They will probably pay well and get an expert in, given their recent profits from OSRS mobile + popularity boost.

Given that, script makers need to make their scripts more realistic and similar to natural player simulation in order to avoid bans.

On 2/12/2019 at 2:59 PM, terpderp said:

That sounds like a security-focused IT role for certain.  They will probably pay well and get an expert in, given their recent profits from OSRS mobile + popularity boost.

Given that, script makers need to make their scripts more realistic and similar to natural player simulation in order to avoid bans.

yes thats true. i also noticed when mining iron ore for example and clicking on the exact same pixel everytime, the pixel at x/y coord removes itself to another coord on the rock after a certain time. I used autoit for testing that. sometimes it appears a very short lag and missclicked (yellowvross) instead for red.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/17/2019 at 10:04 PM, fittig said:

yes thats true. i also noticed when mining iron ore for example and clicking on the exact same pixel everytime, the pixel at x/y coord removes itself to another coord on the rock after a certain time. I used autoit for testing that. sometimes it appears a very short lag and missclicked (yellowvross) instead for red.

Of course, but hasn't 'being more human like' just been the purpose of scriptwriters for like, euhm... the last 5-10 years? Once the automated bot-detection system has flagged your account, a Jmod will take a look in your account activity (gains, playtime, trades, etc.) and will decide wether or not to parma or 1/2 day ban you. In my experience, when botting via recordings I've noticed the game has some variables... An inv doesn't always take the same time to cook or fletch, a rock doesn't always spam at the same time, and as mentioned there are lot's of very short lags (like you said) to 'test' your behavior... The game ins't 'static' like years ago and keeps testing every player and eventually spots automated clicking, right?

Edit: IMO, once your account gets flagged from being online lot's of times, clicking on the same pixel every time, not making any faults for hours at a time, and many other checkpoints... The system will stess-test you or let's say the script you use. Making spams or inventories take longer, shorter, etc. and check how the account responds in game. From my experience, this is all automated (aka detection system...) and your ban is manually activated by a Jmod.

Second edit: for those who don't know, 

Stress testing (sometimes called torture testing) is a form of deliberately intense or thorough testing used to determine the stability of a given system or entity. It involves testing beyond normal operational capacity, often to a breaking point, in order to observe the results. Reasons can include:

• to determine breaking points or safe usage limits
  • to confirm mathematical model is accurate enough in predicting breaking points or safe usage limits
  • to confirm intended specifications are being met
  • to determine modes of failure (how exactly a system fails)
  • to test stable operation of a part or system outside standard usage
8 hours ago, Gordo652 said:

Good I was banned from my account because I had only 3 days using the bot that I recommend you not to be detected so much ??

Did you know bans sometimes do hit you when you're botting? Was a supprise finding out for me too! Whew, never knew this man... 

Peace out, botters!

Edited by bexxe

13 minutes ago, Gordo652 said:

that you recommend me to use the bot without being banned if the time comes in what it is but try to avoid it a bit?

Random fond but. Yeah, previously said maxing an account is impossible these days. Bans will eventually hit but ypu can only try to avoid them right? 

Looking at your posts and the crazy dumb questions and answers makes me even doubt you aren't a jmod. Account created on Friday. 

Edited by bexxe

15 hours ago, Gordo652 said:

friend as you can see I am new I do not handle much this you recommend me your

Ok dude, I somewhat understand your situation? But why the odd frond? seems like you copied the text either out of a mail/website, or just use google translate to paste?... don't blame me for being suspicious on a botting site lol

• 1 month later...
On 1/11/2019 at 10:07 PM, bexxe said:

Alek

Holy thanks for this information... Started a new account (after couple of bans, but moved so totally diff ip) 

Considering all this information, which I really use... being not botting multiple accounts, don't suicide, randomize your breaks, different your tasks/skills, keep track of your 'normal' playing hours (botting at night and playing at day... lol), regularly doing some quests and farm runs, play 60-70% of the time myself (on the osbot client, maybe FAGEX just accepts I use a bot client for playing normally, never bot more than 4-6h at once, etc, etc...

Ppl replying, would be nice, but I'm aware of the fact botting is against the rules and bans do regulary occur... LOL

But regarding the training method  or strategy I just listed, I would expect to reduce a perma ban big time?!

Only using premium scripts, when playing manually I also use OSBOT client because fagex can detect for sure... but trying to mislead them? haha

so my questions:

- I know ban system flags you, even without a report.. but do they ban just for using the OSBOT client?

- If so, how do you know you're flagged?

- Do minor botting bans still exist?

- Does 'babysitting' (aka friends chatting, taling to nearby players, etc.) really help?

-  Weird question, but if using a not flagged ip, bot one account BUT using OSBOT client automatically flag you?

Thanks if someone with the right knowledge or experience would be able to answer some of these questions...

Greetings

In regards to babysitting I don't think it helps one bit. I've been botting since 2014 on and off. I'm extra careful. Always watch and talk to my friends on there while I bot. Always break and do a farm run or switch my skills up so i'm never botting a single skill for longer than an hour.

couple hours ago I had my first ban ever since I've started botting all the way back in 2014. Thankfully it's only for 2 days but they're cracking down forsure. They have something up their sleeve 

On 4/26/2019 at 5:41 PM, Maxiine123 said:

In regards to babysitting I don't think it helps one bit. I've been botting since 2014 on and off. I'm extra careful. Always watch and talk to my friends on there while I bot. Always break and do a farm run or switch my skills up so i'm never botting a single skill for longer than an hour.

couple hours ago I had my first ban ever since I've started botting all the way back in 2014. Thankfully it's only for 2 days but they're cracking down forsure. They have something up their sleeve 

thanks for the feedback dude! Regarding you've been botting since 2014 (carefully, nice one 😉 ) it does seem to help somehow... eventually, the system will check your clicking behaviour and will eventually spot a bot anyways? nice job anyways, first ban since 2014... This would implicate that you already have a high level account and luckily it's only a 2 day ban. Not an expert but i'd recommend to not bot on this account anymore, just for the pain of losing it. IMO talking and being involved into the community actually helps, wasn't unexpected that you'll get a ban eventually? some get banned for botting a couple of hours dude