Jagex mod gives away a bit too much about their anticheat

Markus

What's the display name?

Update: Thank you for providing me with your name - I've now had an opportunity to review your account.

The account was flagged by our anti-cheating system and as it was analysing the various data available, the account was flagged again and a second, separate anti-cheating investigation was triggered. This is rare, and only usually happens if players use bots which have the ability to log accounts in without needing human input.

As a result of both of these investigations, the account was issued with two serious offences relating to cheating, and in this case temporarily restricted access to the account. I've made some change on the back end so the account can now be accessed via the website. The anti-cheating team regularly run a report which provides them a list of accounts which are in similar states, allowing them to go through and grant access back to them individually. A long term fix to prevent these kinds of situations happening is ongoing.

Ultimately, if you choose to cheat so blatantly then it should come as no surprise if your account is completely inaccessible, and I'm pretty sure you had an idea of what may have caused this...

The macro offence you'll now be able to view within your account history is 100% correct, and the temporary ban as a result has since expired. Naturally, any hint of rule breaking on that account going forward will result in a permanent ban being applied.

Edited by Markus

Nothing new, they take information such as mouse movement, object clicking, play time, play responce time and a few other variables and compare the suspected account againist known bot accounts, if the results are similar they issue the ban without any questions.

4 minutes ago, kushroom said:

Nothing new, they take information such as mouse movement, object clicking, play time, play responce time and a few other variables and compare the suspected account againist known bot accounts, if the results are similar they issue the ban without any questions.

" This is rare, and only usually happens if players use bots which have the ability to log accounts in without needing human input. " that part is new to me.

2 minutes ago, Jordan said:

I always figured that Jagex has a way to 100% know every bot, but they just delay the bans or wait until two offenses stack up before they ban so we never figure it out. 

That's probably why Simba and RID have so low ban rates, they both use the game client in browser or on Os-buddy, making them indistinguishable from legit players.

3 minutes ago, aloevera said:

Is it that the antibans are not randomized enough or the script?

Anti-bans don't do shit. I didn't believe this at first but my scripts don't have any anti-bans now. I haven't been banned yet.... Nobody really knows how their Anti cheat system works.

Edited by Satire

16 minutes ago, Jordan said:

I always figured that Jagex has a way to 100% know every bot, but they just delay the bans or wait until two offenses stack up before they ban so we never figure it out. 

If they can detect the client why don't they ban every bot? How would they just 'miss' some, I've had accounts botted to 80's 90's without any infractions.. In my opinion it's mostly done manually, and the only automated system they have is based on suicide bots.

But that's just my opinion, noone knows but them :P

5 minutes ago, Satire said:

Anti-bans don't do shit. I didn't believe this at first but my scripts don't have any anti-bans now. I haven't been banned yet.... Nobody really knows how their Anti cheat system works.

exactly, we will never know, unless another lad could  infiltrate their community, someone  similair to Mod Reach :D

16 minutes ago, Markus said:

That's probably why Simba and RID have so low ban rates, they both use the game client in browser or on Os-buddy, making them indistinguishable from legit players.

Well that really has nothing to do with it to an extent. If the client uses reflection it has a lot less of a chance for jagex to detect they are using a 3rd party client, which they have stated on reddit is not against the rules. As far as the account getting flagged its based on user reports and the mods that are handling the antibot. If a mod notices an account with similar to a bot like movement than itll be flagged for further investigation, and on the weekends when mods are out of the office, pretty much only way you can get flagged is if a player reports the bot. The mirror mode/glass stuff they have out may help by 5% thats about it, thats only if jagex checks the mouse, keyboard, focus listeners to detect if the client is an original or if it is 3rd party.

5 minutes ago, kushroom said:

Well that really has nothing to do with it to an extent. If the client uses reflection it has a lot less of a chance for jagex to detect they are using a 3rd party client, which they have stated on reddit is not against the rules. As far as the account getting flagged its based on user reports and the mods that are handling the antibot. If a mod notices an account with similar to a bot like movement than itll be flagged for further investigation, and on the weekends when mods are out of the office, pretty much only way you can get flagged is if a player reports the bot. The mirror mode/glass stuff they have out may help by 5% thats about it, thats only if jagex checks the mouse, keyboard, focus listeners to detect if the client is an original or if it is 3rd party.

That doesn't explain how people are banned while doing NMZ. There has to be more to it than just player reports or manual bans. There's no way they're manually banning only. They're probably banning thousands of players a day, no way that's manual. It's probably a mix of a lot of things that set a player and a bot apart. A lot of minor things. Sure the can't ban someone for playing for 15 hours straight without break, but if he's also doing a lot of other things, he ends up with a lot of marks on the checklist, and gets manually checked and then banned. So why not eliminate as many of the checklist points as possible.

Can't we just get an insider there? I mean, relative of a relative or someone applying for the job and leaking info to OSBot scripters and developers?
Or can we just bribe some neckbeards from Jagex? I think collectively we have enough money to do that.

Maybe I am just used to how things like that are dealt with where I come from :doge:

Edited by Magerange

12 hours ago, Markus said:

You the exact same thing mirror-mode does? Really, no, Mirrormode still gets you banned, RID still gets you banned, just like any other client will eventually get you banned ;)

12 hours ago, IHB said:

If they can detect the client why don't they ban every bot? How would they just 'miss' some, I've had accounts botted to 80's 90's without any infractions.. In my opinion it's mostly done manually, and the only automated system they have is based on suicide bots.

But that's just my opinion, noone knows but them :P

I don't believe they 'miss' any, they just pick a couple from a pile of known bots and ban enough so they still make enough member $ while keeping legits happy that they're still banning shit. There really isn't any reason for them to not know everyone that is botting. It's the same as the bug-abuse community, they usually try to stay connected to them and allow for a few minor things to happen, because it allows to keep an eye on major bugs.

11 hours ago, kushroom said:

The entire reflection vs. injection debate has been discussed so many times it's honestly not even funny anymore. Mirrormode doesn't use any injection at all, but you're still going to get banned. The system requires as little human input as possible, because it would be an extreme waste of money to have it done manually. 

• Like 1