SMS Updates?

Chef Sk1llz

2 minutes ago, Polymorphism said:

Did they allow the user to tell the script what to do at all? If not, I'm working on something similar. However, mine isn't particularly a priority since I feel it won't gather a lot of attention. 

No it wasn't so much control from it just an update such as Gained Level, Taking X break, Dismissed X Randnom. 

Just now, Chef Sk1llz said:

No it wasn't so much control from it just an update such as Gained Level, Taking X break, Dismissed X Randnom. 

That's what I thought. Yeah I kinda have that being worked on, but I'm full on projects between irl duties atm. Should be finished with one of a big private scripts in a few days, so that will become a priority.

3 minutes ago, akssnipe said:

There are scripts that have SMS/Email updates. A lot of devs don't bother incorporating them b/c no one really needs it. Actually, the number of ppl that want it vs people that don't, and the time it takes to code it is a turn off. 

Depends. It takes nothing for email updates.

For actual text updates, there are services that you pay for which allow you to send texts. That's the part that's not worth it. You can send a "text" to a phone, but it ends up as an email converted into an SMS.

2 minutes ago, BrainDeadGenius said:

Depends. It takes nothing for email updates.

For actual text updates, there are services that you pay for which allow you to send texts. That's the part that's not worth it. You can send a "text" to a phone, but it ends up as an email converted into an SMS.

What about push updates (pushbullet etc) couldn't you use that API for android atleast?
Or iMessage for apple products?

1 minute ago, Howest said:

What about push updates (pushbullet etc) couldn't you use that API for android atleast?
Or iMessage for apple products?

You can, but they'd need an app installed to receive the push notification. Once the app is set up, sure, it wouldn't be hard (I've been trying to get to that point, but I've been busy. That is my next checklist item for android app development).

Same would go for iPhones I'm sure. But I don't have a Mac, nor do I intend to get one. So, I won't be coding for Apple products. Again, I'm sure it's the same idea as Android.

1 minute ago, Polymorphism said:

this is why this isn't a priority for me. I have to gather the different carrier addresses for as many countries as possible.

I didn't even think of that aspect. Email updates would be far easier, but less likely to be noticed immediately.

Just now, BrainDeadGenius said:

You can, but they'd need an app installed to receive the push notification. Once the app is set up, sure, it wouldn't be hard (I've been trying to get to that point, but I've been busy. That is my next checklist item for android app development).

Same would go for iPhones I'm sure. But I don't have a Mac, nor do I intend to get one. So, I won't be coding for Apple products. Again, I'm sure it's the same idea as Android.

I didn't even think of that aspect. Email updates would be far easier, but less likely to be noticed immediately.

if you do however get around to writing it for pushbullet or a similar service for android devices, and you feel like sharing it, could you tag/pm me?

Have been trying to set it up myselves but lack knowledge so I'm more screwing around than anything else >.>

1 minute ago, Howest said:

if you do however get around to writing it for pushbullet or a similar service for android devices, and you feel like sharing it, could you tag/pm me?

Have been trying to set it up myselves but lack knowledge so I'm more screwing around than anything else >.>

Yeah. I really don't know much about Java, or Android development.

However, I have created 2 OSB scripts so far

• A powerfisher
    • Also, removed from the powerfisher, a fishing script that fishes and banks the fish
  • A "suicide thieving" script (theives from lumbridge men/women)

I've also created a couple Android applications

• One that walks you through a procedure we use at work
    • I have barely started this, and it was going to include a bunch more features, but I haven't had the time for it
  • One that interacts with a mini-computers and controls the power to 8 outlets in my room

2 minutes ago, BrainDeadGenius said:

Yeah. I really don't know much about Java, or Android development.

However, I have created 2 OSB scripts so far

• A powerfisher
    • Also, removed from the powerfisher, a fishing script that fishes and banks the fish
  • A "suicide thieving" script (theives from lumbridge men/women)

I've also created a couple Android applications

• One that walks you through a procedure we use at work
    • I have barely started this, and it was going to include a bunch more features, but I haven't had the time for it
  • One that interacts with a mini-computers and controls the power to 8 outlets in my room

Yeah my friend has a ' smart house ' he can controll anything linked to the domotica in his home, from his Phone.

Also going to look into java & PhP some more; has been way too long, if you have any guides/guidelines/tutorials/books you can recommend, I'd be grateful.

Edited by Howest