needing some serious advice

Iced Tea

probably not going to get serious answers here but im a computing technology graduate from the UK. had a graduate job as a microsoft dynamics crm analyst for a few months which i had to quit cause i was being bullied at work by the CTO (chief technical officer) cause it was a small business, the M/D was his big brother so i was kinda fucked.

i've always wanted a developer role but im not industry level good to be one. 

got called up for an interview today for a junior automation developer and tbh im in need of a job as finances are starting to run low (especially with a GF) so im getting desperate.

if anyone has ever done a java technical interview with a whiteboard session (for problem solving) then can someone give me some advice 

i just feel like i can do technical interviews as there is so much to a language to cover. im a bit of a polyglot developer as in i know alot of languages but cant focus in one. if i had a preference then i would like to become a BI analyst.

been to a few interviews just to hear "not enough experience" but its catch 22, how can i get experience without been given a chance. its fucking shit.

been without a job for 3 weeks now and im starting to get really depressed as in impatient. applied to nearly 200 jobs to just hear back from 4 or 5.

would like some serious advice if possible. here is the job spec of the upcmoming interview which i don't know if i will go or not.

also forgot to mention this place where the job is , is about 60 miles from where i live so to buy a train pass to travel there and back annually is around 7k usd.

Expand our growing (Selenium) automation suite •

Design and develop high-volume,

low-latency applications for mission-critical systems,

delivering high-availability and performance •

Contribute in all phases of the development process,

discussing requirements with the wider team and Business representatives •

Write well designed, tested, efficient code in a fast-paced environment •

Craft aesthetically and functionally flawless user experiences!

Strong Java experience

Experience with test-centric or test-driven development

sorry for the long post, just in a dilemma and need some peoples opinions on what they would do.

When you say you applied for jobs

Did you got to a indeed type website and just upload your resume

or did you write 200 cover letters personalized for every establishment ?

it was through a recruitment agency, they called me saying they had an opportunity available. i've accepted this interview next week but im seriously weighing up spending nearly £70 to travel down for pretty much failing the technical test

Recruitment agencies are no good :/

You need to market yourself also

it was through a recruitment agency, they called me saying they had an opportunity available. i've accepted this interview next week but im seriously weighing up spending nearly £70 to travel down for pretty much failing the technical test

Recruitment agencies are no good :/

You need to market yourself also

Internships

Self started projects

Portfolio of skills and past projects

I am guessing that because you had a bad experience with pass employer if they are on your resume as a reference they might be ghost blocking you

You are a brand

Treat yourself as One

Also even if he was abusive unless he got physical with you I would have recommended toughing thru it

Edited by Tanged

So if I get your post right, you have no experience and you don't have skills either? Go for an internship instead of a job.

altogether i have 6 months experience working as an analyst. just feel like i've done 4 years of university for jack shit. also internships are unpaid and i have finances to pay unfortunately.

yeah i completely understand that, i have marketed myself too. just in a shitty situation at the moment unfortunately.

would help if we saw something from your resumé. if you have any successful outside projects, or maybe a few applications or websites that you've created, anything tangible that shows your experience, thats a very large boost in terms of your application

yeah i completely understand that, i have marketed myself too. just in a shitty situation at the moment unfortunately.

BTW you said its 7k annually 

If you are working in the US

Average minimum wage in Us is 7.25

Average minimum yearly Income[40 hours work weeks] before tax is 15,080

This is only for context

If it cost 7k for travel the pay better be substantial in order to recover from the hit and time travel requires

Also from what I've seen on your resume I suggest a complete rewrite and format.

Also as I stated before you need interships.

Also your resume doesn't make you look dependable as you haven't stayed anywhere for a decent time.

Edited by Tanged

BTW you said its 7k annually 

If you are working in the US

Average minimum wage in Us is 7.25

Average minimum yearly Income[40 hours work weeks] before tax is 15,080

This is only for context

If it cost 7k for travel the pay better be substantial in order to recover from the hit and time travel requires

5000 gbp for the annual pass. the pay fr this job is $34k usd per annum