k

mattyc43

Define comfortably.

I own four servers, three of them have Intel Xeon E3-1245 v3's, and one has an i7-4770k. All are outfitted with 16gb of ram.

These machines run 20 bots a basic fishing script 'comfortably' with the 'Low CPU mode' checked at 100% CPU and 70%+ ram utilization.

If you're willing to spend 1k + for the machine then you can go with 6 core hyperthreading variants of intel CPUs to reach your requirement (by a thin margin)

- Abuse

Edited by Abuse

Define comfortably.

I own four servers, three of them have Intel Xeon E3-1245 v3's, and one has an i7-4770k. All are outfitted with 16gb of ram.

These machines run 20 bots a basic fishing script 'comfortably' with the 'Low CPU mode' checked at 100% CPU and 70%+ ram utilization.

If you're willing to spend 1k + for the machine then you can go with 6 core hyperthreading variants of intel CPUs to reach your requirement (by a thin margin)

- Abuse

nice setup, do you find you make a good profit daily having 80 accounts?

Java has a lot of memory leaks. Load yourself up with any decent processor, really, and high amounts of ram and you'll be fine. Don't buy prebuilt, that's a quick way of getting overcharged.

Xeon processors are best for SERVERS, how they handle bots compared to other intel processors is not tested/documented. Research that before picking a xeon.

nice setup, do you find you make a good profit daily having 80 accounts?

Well, I don't settle with 'good enough' so no, not yet emote3.png

Java has a lot of memory leaks. Load yourself up with any decent processor, really, and high amounts of ram and you'll be fine. Don't buy prebuilt, that's a quick way of getting overcharged.

Xeon processors are best for SERVERS, how they handle bots compared to other intel processors is not tested/documented. Research that before picking a xeon.

There is little difference between Xeon server processors or desktop processors for our niche. It's just different ram technology and usually no built-in graphics cards.

I go by the passmark scores that you can find online for specific processors, from my findings the benchmarks scale linearly with the amount of bots that I am able to run

Edited by Abuse

People here will tell you whats the best option to go to but it would help if you posted a budget price that you had in mine because I could link you to a crazy cpu that would get the job done.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117643&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Processors+-+Desktops-_-N82E16819117643&gclid=Cj0KEQjwwry8BRDjsbjMpPSDvagBEiQA5oW0nJUzrSt1bKXKvgUVXlQXNvXMItBnQh5bzIBQ6yTsovkaAsQH8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

here's a 10 core 20 thread cpu. If you wanted to bot a lot of accounts i bet this would satisfy you a lot maybe even more then what your asking. but this is also depending on how much the bot takes which I don't know.

If the price is too much for the cpu since almost 1.6k for a cpu is alot to drop on a cpu heres a different one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117402&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Processors+-+Desktops-_-N82E16819117402&gclid=Cj0KEQjwwry8BRDjsbjMpPSDvagBEiQA5oW0nO2fi0k47BdewSkaTDVQ53y9qrKP8tAt_XRSTutuh-MaAuJ98P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

basically the same thing as above just with 6 cores now and 12 threads and the price is only 390$ usd if you want the cheaper route this is the way to go. also since its unlocked it can be overclocked to 3.6ghz if you want the power I guess

For ram I would listen to everyone that says 16gb of ram since you want to run so much your definitely going to be using it and since osbot uses web walking its probably not the lowest of memory now a days. Also if you actually got the cpu above then you would need the newer socket motherboards which is also ddr4 ram so remember to get ddr4 not ddr3.

Edited by Jesse