ads are scary

The Hero of Time

Okay, let me break that one down them.

Contextual targeting

Our technology uses such factors as keyword analysis, word frequency, font size, and the overall link structure of the web, in order to determine what a webpage is about and precisely match Google ads to each page

Yeah, no. I explained why this one was bullshit. Keyword analysis would be stupid, as I haven't searched up anything car related in forever, let alone tires.

Placement targeting

With placement targeting, advertisers choose specific ad placements, or subsections of publisher websites, on which to run their ads. Ads that are placement-targeted may not be precisely related to the content of a page, but are hand-picked by advertisers who've determined a match between what your users are interested in and what they have to offer.

Either the ad company is retarded and thinks runescape botters have an interest in car tires, or this one is busted as well.

Interest-based advertising

Interest-based advertising enables advertisers to reach users based on their interests and demographics (e.g. 'sports enthusiasts'), and allows them to show ads based on a user's previous interactions with them, such as visits to advertiser websites. To complement interest-based advertising, Ads Settings lets users view and edit their interest categories.

Same as the first one. nothing related to cars, winter sports/travel for winter tires or some shit, nothing that could point me in this direction.

Language targeting also has nothing to do with my case. So, thanks for pointing me to what I already knew, but it doesn't change the fact that the tire add was weird.

Not that this is any importance whatsoever, nobody (should) care even the slightest bit, just figured I'd point this out.