Calling upon all you Economics lovers

NayBely

Hello Everyone!

I'm currently preparing for a Model United Nations session in February however I need to have most of my research done over the Christmas Holidays so I'm finally starting today. They expect you to research and know the topic fully to be prepared for intense debates over 3 days. Last year, I was allocated to human rights, which I loved. However this year, I was allocated to the G20, which is all economics, something I have never liked, and never even started to understand which is why I'm having a shit load of trouble trying to understand and develop my own opinion on what I'm reading around through my research.

So I'm here to ask if any of you are interested/passionate/love economics and would be willing to sort of help me out through brief explanations or even voice your opinions about the raised points because I'd love to hear them. Here are the current 2 Topics with their subtopics which we will have to write a treaty on each at the session.

1. Addressing the problem of global economic slowdown
    1. Incorporating sustainable development on a greater scale together with increasing global trade
    2. Solving the fall in global demand and the subsequent disinflation and often inflation in developed nations and reviving the pre-crisis growth rates
    3. Issue of exploiting underemployed or even unemployed resources in emerging markets i.e. in Africa in tackling their overdependence on commodity prices                                                                                                    
  1. How the role of the G20 countries will change over the next three decades
    1. Issue of an ageing population, high dependency ratios and the subsequent maturity of economies i.e. low and stagnant growth rates
    2. Preventing further loss of the competitive advantages of the Western World to the Eastern Continents and Africa
    3. Addressing the issue of exhaustion of resources in developed nations and the effect of Robotics and AI in production process

Any help would be seriously appreciated. If you'd seriously like to help me out, you may also add my skype - naybelyosbot

Thank you in advance <3

i am passionate about economics, but i like to use my own ideas and opinions to answer the economic problems

why not try and come up with a few unique answers?

because there are no right or wrong answers as proven by the global recession etc (we don't actually know what we are doing)

(also international economics is certainly not my forte)

Edited by Scotty