Database Website Project

BrainDeadGenius

I created a small project website to be used at school by the students (though it is a small campus). I was wondering what the interest would be in expanding the website for other campuses / communities.

What the website does is allow users to upload PDF files for classes listed (which can be added). The PDF files are basically old tests, quizzes, homework, etc, which is called gap. Users can go on the website and search for a class or teacher that they need gap for. They can then download the gap. However, the user must be logged in (with a valid campus email) to view the database of gap and to download anything. Each user can remove or edit the gap they have uploaded while admins can edit and remove all gap.

Here's a couple of pictures illustrating the database layout and what each uploaded file looks like when a user views them.

post-9706-0-69211700-1437938906_thumb.png

post-9706-0-29300600-1437938909_thumb.png

Edited by BrainDeadGenius

Well, I developed it specifically for our school, so that was kind of how I had it done.

Teachers really aren't going to be using it because it's the students that upload the gapped files. Mostly, it just tries to ensure you have a valid edu email address you can access.

Yeah, that makes more sense. I believe there's a project that has a list of every campus email, might want to look into that. It's lightweight, too, like 100kb at best.

Yeah, that makes more sense. I believe there's a project that has a list of every campus email, might want to look into that. It's lightweight, too, like 100kb at best.

I'll look into that. I'm sure there's more of a way I could make it even more secure (IE actually check to make sure the address belongs to the school and it's not some made up @edu email).

Why did Malwarebytes block the website

Couldn't tell you. It's just straight jQuery / HTML / PHP. Unless you went to anything other than /mma, you're going to get an error anyway. Forgot I had the URL in the images.

• 1 month later...

Good for you! I've recently created such a website too. I used a template from http://www.templatemonster.com/magento-themes.php website in my case. How did you create yours?

With my hands. Lol.

I use the bootstrap framework for most of my projects, and I have some example works I go through for things I need. But I customize everything and make it all work together.