did you get banned?

K00wal

they're obviously making enough money if they can support hiring more staff -.- plus for every bot killed, two rise from the ashes.

they'll actually end up making more money in the long run. the fact that bots keep getting made is probably what is keeping the company afloat at this point. don't look at it as there being less bots in the game, instead look at it from this perspective: if there is a ban wave once a week, and all the bot farmers that get banned create and buy members for each account banned in order to replace them, then you are essentially creating a weekly profit for your company instead of the normal monthly profit that you're used to.

so the tl;dr version of this would be: mod weath has no cares about how many bots he does or doesn't ban. he's not cutting into the profits, if anything, he is making them better.

I disagree your whole point lies on the fact that people will continue botting even after being banned every week, which isn't the case especially at blast furnace the most botted place currently you are lucky to last a day even using mirror mode which I still claim does fk all lol. 

Anyway back on point jagex will see increased profits in short term as you said people will just remake the accounts and buy bonds, in the long run only the most persistent gold farmers will continue and the profit they make will take a hit so even then it will not be worth it.

as for you saying there wont be less bots in the game you are 100% wrong the whole point is to make less bots in game and its working. I knew with the introduction of bonds it would be the death of bots and more so gold farming because jagex now have a financial reason to target them instead of a customer service reason.  I would say it all comes down to this, the selling price of gold on-line keeps dropping while bond prices in game keep rising. It will get to the point where you will get more gold for your money buying from jagex then a reseller because they have to buy the stuff, it is free for jagex to make it and this is why jagex are aggressively targeting gold farmer and bots to raise the in-game price of bonds.

I disagree your whole point lies on the fact that people will continue botting even after being banned every week, which isn't the case especially at blast furnace the most botted place currently you are lucky to last a day even using mirror mode which I still claim does fk all lol. 

Anyway back on point jagex will see increased profits in short term as you said people will just remake the accounts and buy bonds, in the long run only the most persistent gold farmers will continue and the profit they make will take a hit so even then it will not be worth it.

as for you saying there wont be less bots in the game you are 100% wrong the whole point is to make less bots in game and its working. I knew with the introduction of bonds it would be the death of bots and more so gold farming because jagex now have a financial reason to target them instead of a customer service reason.  I would say it all comes down to this, the selling price of gold on-line keeps dropping while bond prices in game keep rising. It will get to the point where you will get more gold for your money buying from jagex then a reseller because they have to buy the stuff, it is free for jagex to make it and this is why jagex are aggressively targeting gold farmer and bots to raise the in-game price of bonds.

I don't think you know what you are talking about. Mirror mode cannot hide the fact that you are running 10 accounts from 1 ip. Mirror mode work best when running 1 or 2 accounts at the same time on one ip. Mirror mode does not make you unbannable but it definitely does more than "fk all."

I've been botting for years and a ban does not stop me from botting. I learned what I did wrong, how I got the ban and moved forward. I've also taken business courses for my minor. Do you even know how much gold prices have fluctuated up and down over the years? Sure bots have a lot to do with the trends you might see but they aren't the only thing that has influenced gold prices.

You make it sound like bonds are the end all be all. Bonds have probably been around longer than you've been apart of the botting community so I have no idea why you are pretending to know so much. Companies like "Blizzard" have tried to combat gold farmers to a greater degree than jagex ever will and they failed. All bonds do in my opinion is make an easier method for a bot to buy membership. Normally an account can be flagged automatically due to a membership purchase from a paypal account that has funded bots in the past. A bond removes that option. Also I don't think you know what you are talking about in the first place. I'll even go as far as quoting your exact words:

"the selling price of gold on-line keeps dropping while bond prices in game keep rising."

So explain to me why someone would want to buy $18 worth of bonds which would equate to 3 bonds worth 2m each for a total of 6m over $18 worth or gold which would equate to ~10m. Please do explain your logic because you make little to no sense to me.

I could honestly give examples of other companies attempts to stop bots and reasons as to why jagex will never stop bots but you're not worth anymore of my time. You clearly don't know what you're talking about and your argument has several holes in it, a couple of which I was kind enough to point out.

• Like 1