Ziiz ~ Learning Web development

ZiziBoss

Hello Guys, 

Its pretty to see other topics then only talking about Runescape ; P

I am pretty new at scripting i know a lot Html / Css, and i am learning at the moment Javascript. 

The problem is i only know Codeacademy but i wanna learn more and how can i do that the best way?

Is there more websites like Codeacademy, 

And how can I learn more about scripting?

Thank you for reading ! 

Alex

Things to learn in order

HTML

CSS

SQL

Then a language to execute sql ie (php/asp.net)

JavaScript -> makes it alot easier to display data sources

For client-side web dev you'll need to use a framework, so I guess that's the next step.

Server-side you can either go with the traditional asp/php/sql stuff or the more modern languages and databases (python, ruby on rails etc. with couchdb, mongodb...). 

I will learn what Thescrub said, But what you said is also good to learn but i am not so a pro :P Lemme start to learn SQL then Java then the other things,

Also i will make little projects for myself :P 

Things to learn in order

HTML

CSS

SQL

Then a language to execute sql ie (php/asp.net)

JavaScript -> makes it alot easier to display data sources

There are a few things wrong with this.

• You don't need to learn HTML, it's literally markup. Not too hard to write <b>My website!</b>
  • People should learn PHP/ASP.NET before they learn SQL, so they can utilise it better
  • I personally don't recommend learning ASP.NET as it's hard to find servers that support it

OP, the best advice I can give you is to quite simply try and write shit. Skip HTML/CSS, go straight to PHP. Set yourself a goal (eg user registration and login system), learn basic syntax (and practice OOP) and just give it a go.

And keep doing it.

Over and over.

Until your registration and login is flawless. Look up common security flaws (using MD5 to hash passwords, SQL injection, XSS when displaying user info), and patch them.

Once you have a flawless user registration/login, expand on it. Implement a private message system, and perfect that. Refine your code to support these new features, and soon enough you'll not only have a fully working forum, but you'll also have learned a lot about PHP.

From there, you should do the same. Again.

Keep doing it until you're fully comfortable with the wide array of functions you use. Don't be afraid about not fully knowing all the functions, I still forget what the parameters of str_replace() are (and in which order).