changing OS for botting?

K00wal

im sorry if im posting it in wrong section

i have one question

im using my pc mostly for botting so i think abuyt install linux

i haead that on linux i can run much more bots it that truth?

i have i7 xeon e3-1230v2 @3.3Ghz

and 8gb ram

how many accounts will i can runn on linux?

and which one is best for it?

i have one question

and 8gb ram

Well generally speaking Linux is more lightweight than Windows, but it also depends on whether you install the right drivers, the window manager you use, etc.

According to MGI if you're using mirror client it won't work as well on Linux, but you really should just try it out and see for yourself. I can't really give you an accurate guess :(

Nice CPU specs though :D

1.) I am pretty sure you are fine with windows smile.png

2.) How do you bot more than 2 accounts without being VIP or Sponsor on osbot? ohmy.png

He isn't saying he currently does run more than 2 accounts, he's asking will I be able to run more accounts on linux than I can on windows, I'm pretty sure if he knows you can run quite a few bots then he'll buy VIP. :D

1.) I am pretty sure you are fine with windows smile.png

2.) How do you bot more than 2 accounts without being VIP or Sponsor on osbot? ohmy.png

i didnt say that i do it :)

when i was vip i runned 10 acc at once without mirror and it was almost max i can run

@Ericthecmh thanks for answer :) ill run bots in normal mode and im asking about ammout of accounts because i saw that some vps services here allow to run up to 25 accounts 

• Like 1

i didnt say that i do it smile.png

when i was vip i runned 10 acc at once without mirror and it was almost max i can run

@Ericthecmh thanks for answer smile.png ill run bots in normal mode and im asking about ammout of accounts because i saw that some vps services here allow to run up to 25 accounts 

Oh if you're talking about normal mode then almost certainly you can run more with Linux. I think you'll reach the memory limit first though :P

• Like 1

i have one question

and 8gb ram

Determining how many accounts you can run isn't really possible, as all scripts are not equal in terms of resources required. As well, you didn't specify if you were using the Mirror Client or the original OSBot client, which would greatly affect the amount of bots you can run.

As a general rule you can run more bots on Linux than Windows as Linux can be very lightweight and take up very little resources which would increase the amount of bots you can run. There is no best distribution, however I can personally recommend Debian 7 32 Bit, with the LXDE Desktop Environment!

If you have any further questions, feel free to post here, PM me, or add my Skype :)

Determining how many accounts you can run isn't really possible, as all scripts are not equal in terms of resources required. As well, you didn't specify if you were using the Mirror Client or the original OSBot client, which would greatly affect the amount of bots you can run.

As a general rule you can run more bots on Linux than Windows as Linux can be very lightweight and take up very little resources which would increase the amount of bots you can run. There is no best distribution, however I can personally recommend Debian 7 32 Bit, with the LXDE Desktop Environment!

If you have any further questions, feel free to post here, PM me, or add my Skype smile.png

He has 8GB of RAM, he should not be using any 32 bit installation of any OS.

If you are looking for the absolute minimal resource usage (and you're only going to be botting), go for a window manager instead of a full desktop environment such as i3

I would personally recommend Ubuntu as the operating system, however.