Main 2-day ban.

liverare

I'm only surprised by how indifferent I feel. It's probably due to the fact that I have been banned multiple times across multiple accounts over the years, and the intensive, heart-racing jolt of seeing those words "[y]our account has been disabled" have been nulled over that period of time. At worst I'm slightly abated, for I lament the early days of '07 more than what RuneScape has been chiselled into today and the loss I've almost incurred. I will more than likely feel much worse if the ban was permanent, if my ego doesn't tell me I can bot myself back onto my feet again.

There's a fork in the road at this point; to continue botting, or to lose interest in the game. I faced it back on EOC before the game got shit; I had an account heavily botted and after I received my first 2-day ban, I tried very hard to hold myself together restrain from indulging in my automation addiction. But my hunting level was low and that shit defined bordem and put a fucking stroke around it. ... I'm sure you know how the dance went. That was my mistake back then. But today things were different.

Throughout most (if not all) of all the botting has been with the use of my own private scripts. Sure they're far from perfect, as once they fulfil the bare minimal tasks, I was pretty much running it for countless hours. I didn't bot so much using mirror mode, because there would always be a problem (aka, bot taking a little stroll else where) and the regular client mode performs much faster. There's my next mistake: compromising for stability and efficiency.

Though you probably only care about what was (almost) (ALMOST) lost:

• Quest cape.
  • Nearly acquired all levels for the achievement diaries.
  • Full bandos.
  • Dragonfire shied.
  • All barrows items.
  • 10M cash stack.
  • Two fire capes.
  • Lumberjack + prospectors outfits
  • ...Basically a ~150M sum total. Mostly comprised of items.

So.. What got me banned?

My law crafting script. The script was poorly coded and built to serve the minimal requirements of crafting laws--and it has, as it trained me from 60 to almost 90 doing nothing but laws, with all the proceeds that came with it. The script itself was very stable; the logic wasn't flawed. It was the handing of improbable scenarios that had my bot stalling for hours on end. A good bot accounts for most, if not all, of those kinds of scenarios. But I got lazy. Very lazy. Once the bot successfully ran for six hours, I stopped caring.

Well played, Jagex.

I've probably missed a bunch of stuff and gone on a few tangents. Don't care.

Edited by liverare
  • Like 3

wait a few weeks then bot on it again using mirror if u have to bot

That only guarantees I'll be less likely to get banned. At this point, with my account being as accomplished as it is, I would rather not test the waters until I see a few jump into the pool before me. Hell, I'd rather let the water go stale before dipping my toe.

how do you get a 2day ban and not a permanent? is it certain bots such as currency generating scripts like hunter etc are more likely to give a permanent than an agility script for example? or is it something else? I've been permanently banned on most accounts, however most of these were indeed goldfarming

sounds like you've got a really good account, don't screw it up man you don't need to bot on it!