Computer build help

Elaatl

• 3 weeks later...

I like TwitchFast's build, but I personally think a FX 6300 is good enough for what you're wanting to do without even being overclocked, if you're wanting to save as much money as possible. They're easily overclockable, if you do want to, but I can do plenty of things simultaneously that's cpu intensive, and have yet to be pushed past 80% or so.

Also, I just noticed the user above me posted about the 6300, so I'd like to add the clock speed is 3.5ghz, but most people can easily over clock it to at least 4.0ghz with no problems, if not higher. I remember seeing plenty of people posting about getting an average of about 4.3ghz and about 4.5-4.6 tops.

Edited by Crippeh

I like TwitchFast's build, but I personally think a FX 6300 is good enough for what you're wanting to do without even being overclocked, if you're wanting to save as much money as possible. They're easily overclockable, if you do want to, but I can do plenty of things simultaneously that's cpu intensive, and have yet to be pushed past 80% or so.

Also, I just noticed the user above me posted about the 6300, so I'd like to add the clock speed is 3.5ghz, but most people can easily over clock it to at least 4.0ghz with no problems, if not higher. I remember seeing plenty of people posting about getting an average of about 4.3ghz and about 4.5-4.6 tops.

Idk if I said it on this forum or not, but overclocking a 6300 would cost more than buying an FX-8350 while performing worse.

Also, I'm not sure my processor would handle 15-20 bots all that comfortably, let alone an FX-6300.

Idk if I said it on this forum or not, but overclocking a 6300 would cost more than buying an FX-8350 while performing worse.

Also, I'm not sure my processor would handle 15-20 bots all that comfortably, let alone an FX-6300.

Ah, I'm using a 6300 currently with a 212 evo cpu cooler. Together, it was about $140, which would be cheaper than the 8350 and an aftermarket cooler, unless you plan on using stock.  At least where I'm at, it's cheaper. I don't know the current price of 8350s though, it's been a few months since I've last checked. But true, the 8350 would perform better. 

Ah, I'm using a 6300 currently with a 212 evo cpu cooler. Together, it was about $140, which would be cheaper than the 8350 and an aftermarket cooler, unless you plan on using stock.  At least where I'm at, it's cheaper. I don't know the current price of 8350s though, it's been a few months since I've last checked. But true, the 8350 would perform better.

Yeah for a reliable overclock you would want the 990FX chipset, which will set you behind when you consider the cheaper varieties such as the 970 chipset etc.

I once did an overclock on a non-overclocking chipset, the voltage regulators got so hot that they tempered the rear IO shield (much like the exhaust on a bike)

Mehh, i think AMD is better on CPU's they are not crappy on GPU's but for real a Nvidia GPU is like a ferrari while the AMD one is a Corvette.

If anything, it's the complete opposite.

The only market AMD is relatively capable in is their GPU's.

Intel is literally running miles ahead with their silicon manufacturing development (plus development into indium antimonide), whereas AMD is forced to stick with old standards because they don't develop their silicon, an external generic company does it and sells the designs to processor manufacturers.

Currently AMD better than Nvidia simply due to their bang for your buck.