Need halp! (streaming HD video on laptop)

The Hero of Time

basically i'm looking for a laptop JUST for streaming movies/tv series(popcorntime) , in 1080p. what are the minimum specs i need for that(video card) ?

2gb ram

simple motherboard

50-100gb HDD

^those should be enough, but the main problem i'm encountering is video cards.. i have no knowledge about videocards

halp?

Edited by The Hero of Time

An i3 with Intel HD Graphics will handle 1080p.
Since you provided no budget I'll just link the nicest one I find, the only alternative was a Chromebook laptop, and I have an odd feeling that wouldn't go down well with Netflix and the likes.
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-VAIO-SVF15212CXW-15-5-Inch-Laptop/dp/B00CFGVEJS/ref=sr_1_6?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1422807188&sr=1-6&keywords=1080p+i3

An i3 with Intel HD Graphics will handle 1080p.

Since you provided no budget I'll just link the nicest one I find, the only alternative was a Chromebook laptop, and I have an odd feeling that wouldn't go down well with Netflix and the likes.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-VAIO-SVF15212CXW-15-5-Inch-Laptop/dp/B00CFGVEJS/ref=sr_1_6?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1422807188&sr=1-6&keywords=1080p+i3

LOL

4776d77403.png

Those specs with that price? LMAO what is that, APPLE? XDD

LOL

4776d77403.png

Those specs with that price? LMAO what is that, APPLE? XDD

Clearly you don't know anything about laptops, for even low-end specs you will be expected to pay a significant amount.

Portability, energy efficiency and TDP are all taken into account when designing them, which is exactly why laptops cost so much more.

i never fully understood rasperry pi, could you briefly expain pls?

Put simply its just a micro computer. The rpi has a desktop environment and can be connected to a display via hdmi. It has very low power usage, and i believe its roughly 800 MHz clock speed with 512 MB of ram. Many people use them for dedicated media streaming.

Put simply its just a micro computer. The rpi has a desktop environment and can be connected to a display via hdmi. It has very low power usage, and i believe its roughly 800 MHz clock speed with 512 MB of ram. Many people use them for dedicated media streaming.

how is 512mb enough for windows + streaming o.O