Need a new laptop.

RoomScape

Not going to build my own and I want to stay around $2k. I've seen some MacBook Pro's, but I prefer Windows 7 laptops.

I was looking at some Lenovos and even the Dell XPS 15. Don't suggest me Macs, please. I already looked into them and am looking at Windows 7 Laptops right now.

Casual use but I'd like something strong where it won't be lagging if I play am occasional game or watch a movie. I usually multi task a lot also so I need something that won't lag.

That guy is a nub. tongue.png

But I'm waiting for him to respond, if not I'll pm him.

m8 u wot?

http://www.amazon.com/G750JZ-DS71-17-3-inch-Gaming-GeForce-Graphics/dp/B00IAACWH6/ref=sr_1_29?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1419280659&sr=1-29

This is essentially the best laptop I could find for ~$2000, it's not windows 7 unfortunately but every windows 7 laptop I find has either outdated hardware or just woefully inadequate hardware.

I also noticed the XPS 15 has a 3200x1800 resolution, I don't suppose you were looking for a high resolution display? I typically advise against that on anything but a desktop due to the severe lack of performance it will result in, even on the highest end laptops.

m8 u wot?

http://www.amazon.com/G750JZ-DS71-17-3-inch-Gaming-GeForce-Graphics/dp/B00IAACWH6/ref=sr_1_29?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1419280659&sr=1-29

This is essentially the best laptop I could find for ~$2000, it's not windows 7 unfortunately but every windows 7 laptop I find has either outdated hardware or just woefully inadequate hardware.

I also noticed the XPS 15 has a 3200x1800 resolution, I don't suppose you were looking for a high resolution display? I typically advise against that on anything but a desktop due to the severe lack of performance it will result in, even on the highest end laptops.

I don't really need a gaming laptop since I don't even play games, I just want a strong laptop so it'll last me a while. I'd forget not to have a gaming laptop, though.

I'd prefer HD screens since I'll more than likely end up watching videos.

Edited by RoomScape

I don't really need a gaming laptop since I don't even play games, I just want a strong laptop so it'll last me a while. I'd forget not to have a gaming laptop, though.

I'd prefer HD screens since I'll more than likely end up watching videos.

In which case I would recommend the Dell XPS 15, albeit a strange resolution, it's divisible by 4 meaning you can render games at 1600x900 and upscale without any issues for gaming if need be.

Though I'd imagine higher than 1080p is useless for the majority of media right now, it will be good for any workflow and multitasking situations.

In which case I would recommend the Dell XPS 15, albeit a strange resolution, it's divisible by 4 meaning you can render games at 1600x900 and upscale without any issues for gaming if need be.

Though I'd imagine higher than 1080p is useless for the majority of media right now, it will be good for any workflow and multitasking situations.

Hmm, know any other similar laptops?

Hmm, know any other similar laptops?

http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Yoga-Convertible-Ultrabook-Tablet/dp/B00G1PQVPQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419286318&sr=8-1&keywords=Lenovo+Yoga+2+Pro

From what I have read and seen, the Lenovo Yoga is a very nice laptop, though it is on the smaller side.

The smaller form factor will make it naturally more portable, but the display will be significantly more crisp while retaining the 3200x1800 resolution.

Idk about you, but I find IPS panels irreplaceable and fortunately the Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro has an IPS display.

http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Yoga-Convertible-Ultrabook-Tablet/dp/B00G1PQVPQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419286318&sr=8-1&keywords=Lenovo+Yoga+2+Pro

From what I have read and seen, the Lenovo Yoga is a very nice laptop, though it is on the smaller side.

The smaller form factor will make it naturally more portable, but the display will be significantly more crisp while retaining the 3200x1800 resolution.

Idk about you, but I find IPS panels irreplaceable and fortunately the Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro has an IPS display.

Are the tablet laptops even all that great? And I don't need super res, just something nice - but I guess that's basically standard on everything these days.

Are the tablet laptops even all that great? And I don't need super res, just something nice - but I guess that's basically standard on everything these days.

Imo they're the only type of laptop worth getting as they're as portable as it gets.

I personally would suggest high resolution displays as well, especially if you're not gaming which usually limits you to 1080p or less.

MSI GE70-2PE apache pro ;).

- Very good screen

- Sound is amazing

- Fast

- alot of helpfull tools ( gaming )

- batter life is kinda bad

Battery life is pretty important to me. I've had past laptops with bad battery life and it was annoying having to have them be plugged in all the time.

Also, I don't really game so I don't need a gaming laptop... Just a casual one with some good specs.