Starting out: What to do when becoming an oldschool member!

Farmerfish

So i've decided i need a list of the most effective ways to train my main when hitting old school membership.

if anyone has suggestions PLEASE post them here! I will keep this list updated for anyone who is interested in it (new players wanting to play oldschool again or new players wanting to start oldschool from scratch)

Here are a few things I've discovered are handy to do when hitting membership:

1. Waterfall quest! want instant lvl 30 attack and strength? waterfall quest gives you the levels in the most effective exp/hour rate possible

2. Train agility! - This will keep your run up alot faster, this is so handy for pretty much EVERYTHING you do in oldschool runescape. Also has its benefits with shortcuts too!

3. If you're looking to train combat, Rock crabs in relleka or obtaining slayer assignments are definitely a good starting out way of doing it.

4. You're a wizard, harry! Yes; that's right magic level is no surprise on this list, teleports are NECESSARY they provide so much easy access to alot of places that you need for most of your adventure

5.Construction -  House teleports give you a huge range of access to places otherwise impossible to get to via tp. 

6. Lights Suggestion: Do Some easy f2p quests such as imp catcher as quick as possible for simple exp. (I personally recommend doing all f2p quests but d slayer before becoming p2p)

7. Suggestion by Etoke: Start Canifis quest series (Restless ghost, priest in peril, ghosts ahoy) they are somewhat good for prayer exp and necessary later on for slayer tasks (Ectophial is an AMAZING item)

Have any thoughts on what else you should do when starting out as an oldschool member? Post them here and i'll add them to the list!

8. Suggestion by Target: Do Witch's house quest for some hitpoint experience 

Edited by Farmerfish

I'd suggest training a few prayer levels via quests.
Restless ghost, priest in peril. Other ones.

I'd also suggest completing lost city, nature's spirit, fairytale p1 and starting fairytale p2 for the use of fairy rings. (Very handy while training slayer.)

Also, as bad as it sound, I'd also suggest training farming. (There's an easy way to get 20+ farming, and construction.)
When you can start doing herb runs every hour and 20 minutes, it's very nice profit(harralnders are 1k a seed, and the herb sells for 1.2k itself.)
Don't forget to quest combat as much as you can, as it's just way easier. :P
That's just a few things I've gotten over the couple months of making a new account.

Witch's potion and Imp catcher both give decent magic EXP and are really simple :^)

Added. Infact most f2p quests are handy to have in some way (In my opinion you should just stay f2p until you do all but d slayer) 

I'd suggest training a few prayer levels via quests.

Restless ghost, priest in peril. Other ones.

I'd also suggest completing lost city, nature's spirit, fairytale p1 and starting fairytale p2 for the use of fairy rings. (Very handy while training slayer.)

Also, as bad as it sound, I'd also suggest training farming. (There's an easy way to get 20+ farming, and construction.)

When you can start doing herb runs every hour and 20 minutes, it's very nice profit(harralnders are 1k a seed, and the herb sells for 1.2k itself.)

Don't forget to quest combat as much as you can, as it's just way easier. tongue.png

That's just a few things I've gotten over the couple months of making a new account.

Ft are helpful but they are for more intermediate levels. I'm talking fresh lvl 3's here

Farming however is a good idea for easy patches that can be accessed via tele tabs/teles as it's easy profit and farming takes a while

The prayer quests are handy too. Especially for Ectophial to get to canifis easy

Meh, you should not do it like this, just do some quests at the start get 30 Agilityand the rest will come, maybe spin some flax? Get 50 Crafting?

i disagree. Getting lvl 50 crafting off flax spinning is super-dumb and should only be done by bots

My guide is intended for people (Myself included) who want to train their accounts to get leveled up in the fastest and most efficient way possible. 

Money is not really the priority of it either

Any other quests you reccomend that I do right when starting off?  I literally just made my account like 2 days ago and have no idea how I should start it off

Hmm; there are a few good quests once you've done most of the f2p ones. 

I'd recommend Waterfall quest as in the guide, and Plague city for access to ardougne tele tabs, perhaps attempt tree gnome village and grand tree when you have a little bit of a combat level (say around 30-40) should be easy once you've done waterfall

Dragon slayer is definitely another good quest you should do unless you're a pure. It gives 30 def straight from the bat and a bunch of strength exp too.

I'd definitely recommend doing cold war for penguin hunting. It helps alot overall. 

I'll get back to you if i figure out anymore (I'm doing this myself blindly, currently 35 cb

Easiest way would be beg for a cammy tele, run the flax bot. Get a few k flax, kill some cows get exactly 81 cow hides. Tan them, get 10 crafting. spin 3k flax. Boom 520k. Spend 200k on 51 magic (wind/fire blast) on lesser demon in wizards tower (easiest to afk) (or curse/weaken/whatever) for 51 magic. Buy games necklace (teleport to barbarian village and run to the gnome stronghold course), laws etc, get atleast 35 agility (bot ofcourse) (also could do this step first, will make flax easier to pick). Then do plague city for adrougne teleport. With the 51 magic, you can complete grand tree, (alternatively, buy 43 prayer, which will ultimately enable you to complete pretty much any quest - combined with the 51 magic) Do tree gnome village, dragon slayer, other easy quests- waterfall quest. Then you're set :)

Easiest way would be beg for a cammy tele, run the flax bot. Get a few k flax, kill some cows get exactly 81 cow hides. Tan them, get 10 crafting. spin 3k flax. Boom 520k. Spend 200k on 51 magic (wind/fire blast) on lesser demon in wizards tower (easiest to afk) (or curse/weaken/whatever) for 51 magic. Buy games necklace (teleport to barbarian village and run to the gnome stronghold course), laws etc, get atleast 35 agility (bot ofcourse) (also could do this step first, will make flax easier to pick). Then do plague city for adrougne teleport. With the 51 magic, you can complete grand tree, (alternatively, buy 43 prayer, which will ultimately enable you to complete pretty much any quest - combined with the 51 magic) Do tree gnome village, dragon slayer, other easy quests- waterfall quest. Then you're set smile.png

that's all good and sweet, but botting is NOT a thing. This is a risk-free guide