Does time of day still matter?

Albatross

So I remember last year people were talking about the time of day being critical to avoid getting banned. Like if you are in the United States, it was recommended to bot starting at 6pm EST and beyond (11pm UK time) because no jmods would be working at that time. I see all these bot busting moderate bans and, at least last year, that meant it was always a manual ban or something. That could be different now though.

Any input?

i believe it helps, i did the most banable methods at those times with on bans.

Yeah no one ever talks about what time of day they were botting, and a lot of the bans are bot busting moderate bans which I believe are still manual bans. 

I'm thinking if you've never been banned before (aka your IP isn't flagged etc), this is a confirmed way to prevent initial bans. I don't know about the auto bans though that's what I'm trying to figure out

Yeah no one ever talks about what time of day they were botting, and a lot of the bans are bot busting moderate bans which I believe are still manual bans. 

I'm thinking if you've never been banned before (aka your IP isn't flagged etc), this is a confirmed way to prevent initial bans. I don't know about the auto bans though that's what I'm trying to figure out

If you're under IP flag, you will be banned for sure.

If you're looking about the auto bans, there is always a chance to get banned. 

If you're under IP flag, you will be banned for sure.

If you're looking about the auto bans, there is always a chance to get banned. 

So let's assume no IP flag (I've never been banned); pretty "safe" to bot when it's like 1am in UK time? 

I guess we don't really know the true method for auto banning, I mean there's people who run scripts that have what people would consider terrible anti ban (pathing, mouse stuff, etc). All these people getting banned are usually IP flagged to begin with

So let's assume no IP flag (I've never been banned); pretty "safe" to bot when it's like 1am in UK time? 

I guess we don't really know the true method for auto banning, I mean there's people who run scripts that have what people would consider terrible anti ban (pathing, mouse stuff, etc). All these people getting banned are usually IP flagged to begin with

There are alot of ways to reverse engineer it's a back and forth fight between coders pretty much.

Your chances of being banned by a moderator; or Jagex moderator are alot slimmer if not 0% chance at 1 AM in the morning

However, other ways of being banned are still really high such as using a bad script without detectable human-like patterns, taking breaks, etc. 

There are alot of ways to reverse engineer it's a back and forth fight between coders pretty much.

Your chances of being banned by a moderator; or Jagex moderator are alot slimmer if not 0% chance at 1 AM in the morning

However, other ways of being banned are still really high such as using a bad script without detectable human-like patterns, taking breaks, etc. 

But it's weird because you have people using scripts that are absolute shit in terms of detectable patterns, etc, and they aren't getting banned. Maybe before they IP flag you (first ban), you're safe from autobans, at least for 07. Not really sure though completely