My gaming setup <3

Alex

Haha for you guys it would cost the $2500, and I don't need any other cooler because there is no need to OVC this monster? LOL

You don't usually buy seperate cooler for CPU just because of overclocking. Usually with stock coolers temperature is notably higher under stress => loud fan noise. And of course it saves your CPU when it doesn't heat too much.

Edited by Aeon

You don't usually buy seperate cooler for CPU just because of overclocking. Usually with stock coolers temperature is notably higher under stress => loud fan noise. And of course it saves your CPU when it doesn't heat too much.

If you don't use the stock fan it's basically so your cpu doesn't run hot. Mine runs below average temps. I have 5 fans also.....

If I wanted to OVC I would have gotten a 3770k and OVC it by 6% so it can be like a 4770k? It's pointless to OVC when my CPU already smokes almost any other? The logic though.

First of all, you said it was for gaming, a 4670k is more enough for gaming since only very few games utilize multithreading technology.

Second of all, you said you weren't going to overclock. Why get a 4770 >K< if you're not overclocking?

First of all, you said it was for gaming, a 4670k is more enough for gaming since only very few games utilize multithreading technology.

Second of all, you said you weren't going to overclock. Why get a 4770 >K< if you're not overclocking?

It is for gaming? 4770k is better for future and current gaming. It's just faster. The K is still slightly faster even without an overclock and if I plan on overclocking I'll buy the V8 cooler. OH and because I just wanted the 4770k? Actually wanted the 4930k but I couldn't get it.

It is for gaming? 4770k is better for future and current gaming. It's just faster. The K is still slightly faster even without an overclock.

false, the 4770 is limited to 4 steps instead of unlimited, meaning you can run the 4770 at the stock clock of the 4770k, which means it's the exact same processor.

clock speed doesn't matter?

also 2x 770 with a stock intel cooler, i giggled a little bit

Edited by dreamliner
  • Like 1

false, the 4770 is limited to 4 steps instead of unlimited, meaning you can run the 4770 at the stock clock of the 4770k, which means it's the exact same processor.

clock speed doesn't matter?

also 2x 770 with a stock intel cooler, i giggled a little bit

Good for you. My computer is more silent than my laptop fan on a cooling pad :) You can keep crying on my post all you want though. Also the 4770k comes stock at 3.5ghz, the 4770 only at 3.4ghz. Ty doe.