Hacking + Reverse/Social Engineering Forums

Swizzbeat

Please add these. I know many users on this site would be interested in discussing not only forms of hacking but also key concepts in keeping their systems secure. With knowledge comes power, and as long as this section is securely moderated to prevent the distribution of pre-built rat's, phishing sites, etc I think all in all this section would be a great addition to the forums. The more people who are aware of the type of attacks that can happen against them the less likely they will be able to fall for common internet hacks. If you even want to call this section "Security" or something along those lines go for it, the main idea is just to have a place to discuss system/network vulnerabilities.

@Staff if you're going to deny this because of legal reasons (which don't exist, stop using that as an excuse) then please reconsider. There's numerous sites that feature this kind of talk such as hackforums, javahacking, elithecomputerguy, etc. Youtube even has a plethora of playlists dedicated towards teaching people how to compromise systems.

• Like 1

I can see it now.

Script Kiddy: "I'm going to DOS you!!"

*opens up cmd ping <private IP> -t*

I always thought that was how you DOS :troll:

Of course I don't think distributing hacking software should even be allowed here though, that's why I suggested it as a "talk only" type forum.

No support from me. happy.png

Care to elaborate?

If you have enough people doing it (without the private ip part) yeah it could be effective but honestly there are better ways. I would appreciate the sub-forum of "Hacking/General" or whatever but I don't want to deal with the community that comes with it..

Yeah that's the issue, they would probably need a full time staff member to monitor the section to delete posts from idiots :facep:

Care to elaborate?

Do you honestly think the law allows people to "hack" others and steal valuable information / money without any form of punishment? I could go ahead and answer this for you, considering I've been in the situation myself and had local police tell me it is a federal offence, but if you really think this is the case I'd like to hear from you first.

Just keep it to hackforums.

More experienced members relating to the topic.

Do you honestly think the law allows people to "hack" others and steal valuable information / money without any form of punishment? I could go ahead and answer this for you, considering I've been in the situation myself and had local police tell me it is a federal offence, but if you really think this is the case I'd like to hear from you first.

in his op he was referring to teaching people the same was as every university & college does.

You get taught how people hack to prevent it happening to you.

A forum doesn't steal your information, a program does. Please find me a law that says "distributing hacking information" is a federal crime :facep:

Most people at hackforums are completely retarded, plus their all assholes.

in his op he was referring to teaching people the same was as every university & college does.

You get taught how people hack to prevent it happening to you.

This.

All this section would be is the same concepts you learn in school, just a place to discuss it.