Is bootstrap cheating?

Jordan

I don't think it's that great because most people know what it looks like. At least, I thought they did.

True. It's really responsive though.

I get a lot of inspiration from portfolio websites. If you can make something as good or better than bootstrap, then I think that deserves some level of respect. However, I agree that people l like unique websites sort of like these:

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/07/30/50-fresh-portfolio-websites-for-your-inspiration/

Edited by Jason

True. It's really responsive though.

I get a lot of inspiration from portfolio websites. If you can make something as good or better than bootstrap, then I think that deserves some level of respect. However, I agree that people l like unique websites sort of like these:

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/07/30/50-fresh-portfolio-websites-for-your-inspiration/

Responsive websites are very easy to make. The javascript coding for it is very small. Bootstrap is good for people who don't know what they're doing, I guess.

Responsive websites are very easy to make. The javascript coding for it is very small. Bootstrap is good for people who don't know what they're doing, I guess.

I guess you're right. I know very little about javascript and resort to snippets for my websites, so It's a bit different for me I guess. I'm taking classes on javascript this summer (if all goes well).

• 3 weeks later...

just front end. you can skip, but you will have to return to these 2-3 years, when you work with something advanced. 

and bootstrap is overused, it is like every who have heard its name uses it. i think orginality is the key, even if your site looks worse than bootstrap site, ill say yours is better, just because there are millions of bootstrap sites, but yours is unique.

just my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bootstrap is disgusting. A website using it loses its uniqueness, it's pretty much considered an amateur template. Anyone with even the slightest web development experience knows how degrading bootstrap is.

Edit: also, don't take classes to learn web development. Teach yourself and you will produce work with a much greater quality. Classes won't help you much.

Edited by Sukhmandar

Bootstrap is disgusting. A website using it loses its uniqueness, it's pretty much considered an amateur template. Anyone with even the slightest web development experience knows how degrading bootstrap is.

Edit: also, don't take classes to learn web development. Teach yourself and you will produce work with a much greater quality. Classes won't help you much.

I have stopped with classes. It was more of me teaching the teacher >.>