What makes a script 'Good' to you?

dubai

The more I get into scripting the more I enjoy it and I don't see this hobby going away any time soon.
But now I'm trying to take my scripts to the next level and it had me thinking... What makes a script good? or great for that matter...

I know we all want feature rich automation however, what is the deciding factor when it comes down to what bot you're buying/using?

For me personally, I'm a sucker for a nice user interface with a good on paint display (Exp trackers, loot trackers etc)

IMHO, flawless functionality is key

Should perform is required task with every possible unusual scenario handled (like mis-clicking etc) and no excessive waiting if something unusual happens

Also, human-like profiling is a bonus I reckon - sleep timing perfect and the patterns associated with sleeps... Sometimes people just tab out for a minute or whatever, so script should too on occasion. I really think sleep timing is the biggest thing to stop bans once the functionality is flawless

Bonus points for little extra thoughtfulness - competing with someone for a resource? Double down the timing to try and snag them first with some different logic for competitiveness to get rid of the person, or become aware of it and hop worlds

Edited by Fanny

1 hour ago, Fanny said:

IMHO, flawless functionality is key

Should perform is required task with every possible unusual scenario handled (like mis-clicking etc) and no excessive waiting if something unusual happens

Also, human-like profiling is a bonus I reckon - sleep timing perfect and the patterns associated with sleeps... Sometimes people just tab out for a minute or whatever, so script should too on occasion. I really think sleep timing is the biggest thing to stop bans once the functionality is flawless

Bonus points for little extra thoughtfulness - competing with someone for a resource? Double down the timing to try and snag them first with some different logic for competitiveness to get rid of the person, or become aware of it and hop worlds

To be honest, I think flawless functionality should be a standard of a paid script... Would suck if you paid money for a script and it bugs out trying to find targets or something. Spose testing is really key for that.

On the money though with the antiban features, regardless of how effective they are, it's definitely a selling point for a script. Same goes with world hop features etc, can turn an open source project into a sellable script with features like that.

1 hour ago, D9BLADEE said:

Regularly checking WC exp 

Do you mean like hovering over the skill as an anti-ban method?