Satellite Internet

Imthabawse

Hello OsBot community!

I am currently in the process of becoming a new homeowner (first time) and it's in a more rural part of town (in the sticks). My current internet provider (Frontier Internet) does not reach my new location just yet but HughesNet and Viasat satellite internet do. 

Was wondering if anyone out there uses one of these providers and what their experience has been with them.

If you could also add what package you have with said company in your reply that would be great!

Thanks in advance for replies!  

- Imthabawse  

Edited by Imthabawse

yeah but there's some worth trying like boost mobile 

you can get 4 lines for 100$ a month atm and comes with 30gb hotspot each

youll be able to connect as many things as you need to and have cell phones good deal xd

ut goodluck im getting above, they also sell internet card's might be worth trying 50$ for 50gb

18 minutes ago, Greengo said:

yeah but there's some worth trying like boost mobile 

you can get 4 lines for 100$ a month atm and comes with 30gb hotspot each

youll be able to connect as many things as you need to and have cell phones good deal xd

ut goodluck im getting above, they also sell internet card's might be worth trying 50$ for 50gb

We've got StraightTalk which I believe gets signal from all major providers (AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, and Sprint.) 

Seems as though I'm stuck getting satellite internet and hoping for the best. 

On 6/14/2019 at 4:16 PM, Imthabawse said:

We've got StraightTalk which I believe gets signal from all major providers (AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, and Sprint.) 

Seems as though I'm stuck getting satellite internet and hoping for the best. 

I have Straighttalk too but i didn't know it gets signal from all of those. Sweet.

8 hours ago, Duvy said:

I have Straighttalk too but i didn't know it gets signal from all of those. Sweet.

Yeah looked it up and found this off google: 

Straight Talk is a type of carrier known as an MVNO (mobile virtual network operator), which means that it doesn't run or own a wireless network. Instead, it purchases the right to use towers from AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, and Sprint.

3 hours ago, Imthabawse said:

Yeah looked it up and found this off google: 

Straight Talk is a type of carrier known as an MVNO (mobile virtual network operator), which means that it doesn't run or own a wireless network. Instead, it purchases the right to use towers from AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, and Sprint.

That’s nice... if they did it right it’s like getting the best of 3 worlds lol.