Can I get banned for using the OSBot client?

MillSup

On 3/26/2020 at 8:10 PM, fittig said:

Yes they do detect osbot client. especially when you are logged in to the game.  Screenshot_2.thumb.png.702abbfd5cc1915cf70d561f5ac70e5f.png

Wait, what did you disassembly there? The OSBot client instance itself? If so, of course you're gonna see osbot api calls in it. That doesn't mean that information is shared with Jagex though. Disassembly instructions of a 3rd party program has nothing to do with what's sent over the server. By that logic, Jagex can also reconstruct the scripts you've written yourself. Although I'm the type of person who also believes Jagex knows exactly which client you're using, that is not the way they do it so please don't spread fake news.

• Like 1

Way back in the day... Maybe it was 2009/2010; I don't remember exactly, I got banned because I used a third party game client. I never botted or anything against the rules, I just used a client similar to what we know today as OSBuddy or Runelite. I got banned for just that which could possibly mean Jagex recognizes what type of client we use, but that just speculation. One thing's for sure... Jagex knows when you use a different client than the official. Keep us updated how it went for yourself either way.

Edited by krazy8

On 4/14/2020 at 3:15 PM, lolleroo said:

and again . i tried without botting using only the client and again banned

On 3/27/2020 at 1:10 AM, fittig said:

Yes they do detect osbot client. especially when you are logged in to the game.  Screenshot_2.thumb.png.702abbfd5cc1915cf70d561f5ac70e5f.png

So that would mean that botting, no matter how perfect you make a script, is always detectable. Im gonna test out every popular bot client and ill have results

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 5/4/2020 at 3:11 AM, krazy8 said:

So that would mean that botting, no matter how perfect you make a script, is always detectable. Im gonna test out every popular bot client and ill have results

yes, i used some RPA with jagex official client, then debug it and i see suddenly my RPA was visible when simulating mouse inputs to the client. its sick.