[FARM BAN] Not All Proxies Are Created the Same

poptartjake

Had one of my farmers banned overnight and while that's not uncommon/unexpected, it was a newer account within my farm (<7 days old). My average account lasts 14-21 days, but this one didn't even make it a week, which seemed odd to me. 

Nonetheless, I carried on about my morning by restarting all my other bots and planned to recreate the banned farmer shortly. However, Jamflex decided to derail those plans by banning my ENTIRE farm in front of my eyes... One by one I watched the disconnects and following disabled messages... :ban:

Each bot had its own proxy and most of them were between 2-3 days old, which makes this the first mass chain-ban I've received since starting my farming adventures almost 2 months ago. Unfortunately, it appears my newest proxy provider is MOST likely the reason for the bans, though. I switched providers around 4-5 days ago and within 2 days I had 3 accounts banned (2 of which were 99's :/). I had 1 account running on my home IP because I was too lazy to buy a new proxy, but funnily enough, that's the only account that lived. 

Time to restart! :D

Just trying to come up with some thought:

Maybe ur IP adressess were clearly distinguishable, with an exception of each one just having a different subnet? example:

Spoiler

Maybe the accs were created under same IP or u have accidental packet traffic from home IP. Then again, it's a question of linking them together.

Or could it be that u used a single botting method for all bots? Since u were using a proxy, getting flagged is much easier. In a very rare instance does a legit player use VPN & proxy. 

If all the bots get group-flagged in some heavily monitored place, its rip.

19 minutes ago, extatus said:

Just trying to come up with some thought:

Maybe ur IP adressess were clearly distinguishable, with an exception of each one just having a different subnet? example:

Reveal hidden contents

Maybe the accs were created under same IP or u have accidental packet traffic from home IP. Then again, it's a question of linking them together.

Or could it be that u used a single botting method for all bots? Since u were using a proxy, getting flagged is much easier. In a very rare instance does a legit player use VPN & proxy. 

If all the bots get group-flagged in some heavily monitored place, its rip.

3 subnets total for 6 IP's, so I'm pretty confident in saying it was the provider as a whole. I've never had a chain ban happen until using this provider regardless of the types of bots I'm running (and I'm usually running at least 3+ of the same type of bot).

5 minutes ago, Mesophis said:

Why did you switch providers even?

The original provider I was using had a major outage and I couldn't bot for several hours with no estimate on the fix time, so I decided to switch then. I'll be heading back to my original provider now, though.

Just now, poptartjake said:

3 subnets total for 6 IP's, so I'm pretty confident in saying it was the provider as a whole. I've never had a chain ban happen until using this provider regardless of the types of bots I'm running (and I'm usually running at least 3+ of the same type of bot).

The original provider I was using had a major outage and I couldn't bot for several hours with no estimate on the fix time, so I decided to switch then. I'll be heading back to my original provider now, though.

If you don't mind me asking, which provider caused the bans? So I can stay away from them.

11 minutes ago, Mesophis said:

If you don't mind me asking, which provider caused the bans? So I can stay away from them.

It was VIRMACH. I also recommend staying away from PROXYFISH, as I and others have had sketchy/sub-par dealings with them. 

3 minutes ago, ozeki6 said:

Your home Ip is a residential Ip. You were using datacenter proxies that most likely came from the same network and maybe even the same subnet. I think they link accounts from the same network/subnet and perform checks for similarities in behaviour.

Sure sure, I'm EXTREMELY familiar with res vs dc proxies, but that doesn't really matter at all to me as my farm has been using datacenter proxies from the start without issue. I don't normally run any bots on my home IP, mainly because I don't have any extra resources to do so with. It's more relevant that the only bot that didn't get banned today was the one not using a proxy from Virmach. 

• Like 1

Haven't changed providers since the last round of bans. Currently, I'm doing some more testing for ban rates, but part of my farm is ready to go and the other part is being trained through new methods. Also, doing some manual playing on them at the start. My main goal to get them to live for 7-21+ days consistently, at least.