Client injection test

remsheep

So I'm by far an expert at botting, but after being banned after 2 hours on a mid level legit account, I'm wondering if a test would be to play using the osbot client legit but not use a script.

I appreciate I'm not a software developer or understand fully how it works, but I think this would be a good test, has anyone tried this yet?

Just now, Perryy said:

What do you mean by this?

What I mean by this is, is playing legit on the osbot client without a script running. Any account I have botten on even briefly has been banner, f2p or P2P. Total legit accounts only using Runelite are fine.

As I said I'm not an expert in software development, but I see the client injecting during the initialisation process. Is it this that jagex can detect? 

Does Runelite and other third party clients work in the same way, or does jagex only detect the scripts / patterns that are running?

I apologise for the typos. Using my works phone that I hate.

I have played legit using OSBot a lot on my main account that has over 2K total levels, and I've only ever been banned once for having run a poorly written runecrafting script of mine.

I use OSBot as a client because it's clear, clean from widgets n stuff, and because I can write plug-ins that assist similar to RuneLite and RSBuddy, but are tailored to exactly what I want them to do.

6 minutes ago, remsheep said:

What I mean by this is, is playing legit on the osbot client without a script running. Any account I have botten on even briefly has been banner, f2p or P2P. Total legit accounts only using Runelite are fine.

As I said I'm not an expert in software development, but I see the client injecting during the initialisation process. Is it this that jagex can detect? 

Does Runelite and other third party clients work in the same way, or does jagex only detect the scripts / patterns that are running?

I apologise for the typos. Using my works phone that I hate.

Jagex is able to detect third party clients yea, but they're not able to see what client you are using. You can play on mirror mode (VIP feature) which would hard to detect as a bot because it'll show up as the normal OSRS client. You won't be able to get banned/locked due playing on a third party client. 

26 minutes ago, liverare said:

I have played legit using OSBot a lot on my main account that has over 2K total levels, and I've only ever been banned once for having run a poorly written runecrafting script of mine.

I use OSBot as a client because it's clear, clean from widgets n stuff, and because I can write plug-ins that assist similar to RuneLite and RSBuddy, but are tailored to exactly what I want them to do.

So you're saying that you use the osbot client as a legit way to play an account and write similar scripts/plugin functionality of the other third party clients without issues? It's still something I'm going to test myself just to see what happens. 

My account was around total level 1500 and I was doing a variety of things this week, pk, clue scrolls, quests, general leveling and just 2 hours of bot fishing with breaks today before the ban 4 hours later.

Edited by remsheep

19 minutes ago, remsheep said:

So you're saying that you use the osbot client as a legit way to play an account and write similar scripts/plugin functionality of the other third party clients without issues? It's still something I'm going to test myself just to see what happens. 

My account was around total level 1500 and I was doing a variety of things this week, pk, clue scrolls, quests, general leveling and just 2 hours of bot fishing with breaks today before the ban 4 hours later.

Banned for fishing? That's like the unluckiest thing that can happen (well depends what you were fishing i guess)

20 minutes ago, remsheep said:

what fishing script did you use just out of curiosity?