Starting bot farm from scratch.

Barrage Gaming

So, i used to be a rather experienced bot farmer, but these days it seems like everything has changed. The last time i truly botted was the bot bust when frost drags were first released. 

So, i've been reading, and it seems like my methods are still viable, but the running of the farm has completely changed. 

In order to run the most productive LARGE bot farm, what all is needed?

I've been seeing people talk about dedicated servers, VPS, rotating residential IPs etc.  (I'm incredibly noob to this, and i have NO idea what exactly im looking for here)

I used to run 60 bots at a time. I would like to get back in that range eventually, but start slow. 

Money invested isn't really an issue, although i will use some of my F2P methods first until the farm inself is stable. 

Any experienced and CURRENT bot farmers willing to share what their setup is? No i don't want to hear your methods. I know nobody will share those. But im just trying to figure out what it ACTUALLY takes to have a successful botfarm in the modern system, and trying to estimate how much i need to invest to get it started. 

Much appreciated. 

EDIT: I guess a better way to word, to ask for the help i need, is:  What dedicated server do you use? And what level/capacity would i need? I was looking at AVH. 
As far as residential IPs go. Does every account need a different IP? Do you run rotating IPs? Or do you have a static IP for every account. 
Once an account gets banned on that static IP. Do you discard that IP and get a new one? 

The Whole MASKING process is where i get lost currently. Times were much simpler when i botted. 

Edited by Barrage Gaming

Experiment, don't give up and find your own solutions. It takes time and energy to build the process. If you're burning accounts automate everything, if you're doing P2P then it's slightly easier but more downside as you have to get your bond cost back. 

Learn to write code. Or you're going to have a pay a lot for private scripts. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jca said:

Experiment, don't give up and find your own solutions. It takes time and energy to build the process. If you're burning accounts automate everything, if you're doing P2P then it's slightly easier but more downside as you have to get your bond cost back. 

Learn to write code. Or you're going to have a pay a lot for private scripts. 

Yeah. I'm personally going to dish out the money for the scripts. It's more cost effective for my situation. I'm going to attempt to go nearly full auto. 

I'm personally completely lost at the VPS/ residentials etc. 
I have NO idea about any of that stuff. And everytime i google any of that, it seems to just be a bunch of garbage information. I'm going to keep digging though. 

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Barrage Gaming said:

Yeah. I'm personally going to dish out the money for the scripts. It's more cost effective for my situation. I'm going to attempt to go nearly full auto. 

I'm personally completely lost at the VPS/ residentials etc. 
I have NO idea about any of that stuff. And everytime i google any of that, it seems to just be a bunch of garbage information. I'm going to keep digging though. 

Thank you!

A VPS is a virtual private server. People use these to increase the size of their farm. Its basically you controlling another computer from your computer. And through an app you can control that computer to run more bots - Proxies make you able to change your ip adress, so it looks like your accounts are coming from different places. Residential proxies are proxies that dont come from data-centers, eg your own house. dedicated ones are the most common ones being sold and are much cheaper(these are the ones that come from datacenters) However recently jagex can detect if you are using datacenter proxies and have been clamping down on data-center proxies and locking account that are coming from these proxies. However if you use a residential one u wont recieve locks but are much more expensive - probs should look at a rotating one.

Hope this helps a bit

Edited by Titan Rs
  • Heart 1

30 minutes ago, Titan Rs said:

A VPS is a virtual private server. People use these to increase the size of their farm. Its basically you controlling another computer from your computer. And through an app you can control that computer to run more bots - Proxies make you able to change your ip adress, so it looks like your accounts are coming from different places. Residential proxies are proxies that dont come from data-centers, eg your own house. dedicated ones are the most common ones being sold and are much cheaper(these are the ones that come from datacenters) However recently jagex can detect if you are using datacenter proxies and have been clamping down on data-center proxies and locking account that are coming from these proxies. However if you use a residential one u wont recieve locks but are much more expensive - probs should look at a rotating one.

Hope this helps a bit

That helps tremendously. This is the information i was looking for. Thank you so much. 

How would i be able to get residential Proxies? Or a rotating one?
What should i look for? I just want to make sure i look up the right thing. 

I googled residential proxy, and it seemed the only things coming up were the dedicated servers, what you said would be from a data center. 
I also see people speaking about running bot farms from local sources? IE libraries or other public computers?
Do you have any knowledge/input on that? 

6 hours ago, Barrage Gaming said:

That helps tremendously. This is the information i was looking for. Thank you so much. 

I googled residential proxy, and it seemed the only things coming up were the dedicated servers, what you said would be from a data center. 
I also see people speaking about running bot farms from local sources? IE libraries or other public computers?

Sorry i cant really input that much on your following questions. Quite alot of "running bot farms in the libary" are jokes. But because libarys and public places eg mcdonalds have residential ip's you wouldn't recieve locks. I also think proxies only matter first 30min to an hour of the accounts playtime. So if you go residential ip eg public place like libary and create your accs bot/play for 30mins there,  you can then use a cheap datacenter proxy to bot the acc back at home and you wouldnt recieve a lock. As for where to buy a rotating residentual proxy i cant help you i also need to find a place :). Also if you start small id just go home ip i personally dont think chain bans a thing and your home ip is residential.

Goodluck

16 hours ago, Barrage Gaming said:

Finding good proxy (residential and data centre) suppliers is difficult, that’s the bit where you need to do your own research.