Driving Accident

Drewyboyo

I got in an accident pulling out of my highschool lot because a girl pulled out of my blind spot going about 50+ in a 15 mph limit zone.

Because she had the right away, although I was looking both ways (will be shown on the camera) and was barely pulling out, I'm being told the blame is 100% on me when she was looking down, not even at the road, and going x3 over the limit.

Insight on this? no idea what to expect from insurance agent.

I don't know how the law is there but since she went over the limit 100% of the blame goes to her that is how it is here for me. Any insurance company will look at their chances of winning regardless of what is right and wrong , if their insurance company says that there is a high chance of not paying you then they will go through a court and win it over you other than that when they see that they wont win the case they just hand you the money or do whatever it takes to compensate. Insurance companies are there to make money , and not lose. Keep that in mind!

Edited by PulseImpulse

Honestly, I'm not so sure I'd get a lawyer involved as suggested above. In the long run, that will more than likely cost you MORE than any kind of traffic violation (if you receive one) for the accident. If there's CCTV footage, she will be cited for reckless driving if she was indeed going that fast in a 15 MPH zone (unless you were highly, highly exaggerating). 

Just now, PerryThePlatypus said:

Honestly, I'm not so sure I'd get a lawyer involved as suggested above. In the long run, that will more than likely cost you MORE than any kind of traffic violation (if you receive one) for the accident. If there's CCTV footage, she will be cited for reckless driving if she was indeed going that fast in a 15 MPH zone (unless you were highly, highly exaggerating). 

Most accident lawyers in my area don't charge for their services, they take a % of the settlement/insurance payout.

2 minutes ago, angermidet1 said:

Most accident lawyers in my area don't charge for their services, they take a % of the settlement/insurance payout.

I see, that % may be heavier than he'd like. In all honesty, if he's not exaggerating her speed, he will be just fine and she will be held responsible. 

If you're from the UK, no matter what speed you are going, you've gone onto her road. Speed is an entirely different kettle of fish; despite how unfair it may seem. There's a lot of UK driving laws which suck ass, and this being one of them. Another example is if somebody slams on their breaks and you fly into the back of them; you'd be liable for not staying a good distance away (unless of course you could prove they did it purposely). In this case you more than likely have no proof of their speed, and are only estimating yourself.

By the sounds of it, you're fucked.

4 hours ago, PerryThePlatypus said:

I see, that % may be heavier than he'd like. In all honesty, if he's not exaggerating her speed, he will be just fine and she will be held responsible. 

Yeah, but at least it wouldn't go on his insurance record as an accident where he's at fault. The situation just seemed complex, so I suggested to communicate with a lawyer, as they're better suited to know what to and not to do in this situation.

Im a police officer and in my city regardless of speed since she had the right of way then yes you are 100% at fault regardless if she was looking down or speeding because unless there's a speed gun that tracked her speed then its your word against hers and there's no proof. Sorry bud on the bright side you both lived to see another day.

34 minutes ago, Narcotics said:

Im a police officer and in my city regardless of speed since she had the right of way then yes you are 100% at fault regardless if she was looking down or speeding because unless there's a speed gun that tracked her speed then its your word against hers and there's no proof. Sorry bud on the bright side you both lived to see another day.

it was in my school lot with cameras, can easily calculate her speed, if that changes it.

34 minutes ago, Divergent07 said:

Eek! Seems like a nightmare situation to be in.

How exactly did you know she was looking down/ distracted when driving?

when i tried to turn off into the grass to avoid her hitting me (having to have seen her coming once out of my blind spot) i can see the other driver, paid no attention to the road or me trying to see whats coming out, was basically hugging the line of the lot where i pull out and barely made it to my bumper