hey guys I need your help

aloevera

7 minutes ago, Barty69 said:

I'd rather go for a Threadripper if I was you. Unless you're going for the "king of gaming" with the 7700k/8700k the i9s are just overpriced with a pretty silly platform. 

I think threadripper is within IPC performance of the current enthusiast platform from intel, so you'd get a lot more from your money with the 8/12/16 core from AMD. More bots per $!

the pc on the pics is not mine:)

this is how my pc looks like:

ZIvyNeA.jpg

It has a I7-4770K CPU & 32GB ram i want to use it on the side to create accounts
( can run 20 hyper-v servers smoothly )
And create a workstation for gold farming with a i9 processor and some 16gb ram sticks

21 minutes ago, aloevera said:

ZIvyNeA.jpg

It has a I7-4770K CPU & 32GB ram i want to use it on the side to create accounts
And create a workstation for gold farming with a i9 processor and some 16gb ram sticks

You'll be able to run more bots per $ if you buy AMD threadripper processor.

2 hours ago, aloevera said:

ZIvyNeA.jpg

That's a very nice computer for it's time. And still holds up well.

If I were you I'd change out the stock cooler. The 4770k and 4790k's (and most top end i7s) are running pretty hot when under high load, so the stock cooler can't really hold up. That's why they stopped including it in the box for the 6700k and 7700k. 

So if it's gonna sit under high load for an extended period of time creating accounts and running through tutorial island on ~20 servers, you'd probably get more milage out of it with better cooling, as the silicon will degrade faster at higher tempratures(and if it runs at too high temps it'll downclock to keep from overheating, thus reducing performance). I'd suggest one of the mid to higher range Noctua CPU coolers, or the H80i/H110iv2 liquid AIO coolers from Corsair.

Are you monitoring your temps under load at all with that PC?

Also, what PSU is that?

24 minutes ago, Barty69 said:

That's a very nice computer for it's time. And still holds up well.

If I were you I'd change out the stock cooler. The 4770k and 4790k's (and most top end i7s) are running pretty hot when under high load, so the stock cooler can't really hold up. That's why they stopped including it in the box for the 6700k and 7700k. 

So if it's gonna sit under high load for an extended period of time creating accounts and running through tutorial island on ~20 servers, you'd probably get more milage out of it with better cooling, as the silicon will degrade faster at higher tempratures(and if it runs at too high temps it'll downclock to keep from overheating, thus reducing performance). I'd suggest one of the mid to higher range Noctua CPU coolers, or the H80i/H110iv2 liquid AIO coolers from Corsair.

Are you monitoring your temps under load at all with that PC?

Also, what PSU is that?

You are right! my the CPU gets overheated i always feel guilty for my cpu :( maybe its better to upgrade this one before buying a workstation,
PSU: 600w cooler master what else would you recommend that i upgrade?

1 hour ago, aloevera said:

You are right! my the CPU gets overheated i always feel guilty for my cpu :( maybe its better to upgrade this one before buying a workstation,
PSU: 600w cooler master what else would you recommend that i upgrade?

You probably only need a CPU cooler. Personally I'd get either the Noctua Nh-D15(air) or Corsair H100i v2 (liquid cooling) for it. Both those will perform similarly, and will cool that CPU like a breeze. Maybe slightly more than needed at stock speeds, but you could have headroom for overclocking on it with that cooling.

I was mostly interested in what rating it has, bronze, silver, gold or platinum. If it's a 600w bronze unit that's over 5 years, I'd look to upgrade it, but if it's 3-4 years, and run like a normal computer it probably wouldn't be an issue. If it's gonna run like a server with a 24/7 load, working all day and never being shut down. I'd personally put in a platinum rated PSU there. Higher reliability, better quality components, and 2-3x+ warranty time. A gold rated PSU would probably be fine too, going for platinum would just be something I personally did. So I'd recommend Corsairs HX or RMx series, or EVGAs Supernova G3 series. 

I also just saw it's a B85 motherboard, that means it canno't overclock the CPU. Are you sure it's the i7-4770k and not the i7-4770?

Edited by Barty69

9 minutes ago, Barty69 said:

You probably only need a CPU cooler. Personally I'd get either the Noctua Nh-D15(air) or Corsair H100i v2 (liquid cooling) for it. Both those will perform similarly, and will cool that CPU like a breeze. Maybe slightly more than needed at stock speeds, but you could have headroom for overclocking on it with that cooling.

I was mostly interested in what rating it has, bronze, silver, gold or platinum. If it's a 600w bronze unit that's over 5 years, I'd look to upgrade it, but if it's 3-4 years, and run like a normal computer it probably wouldn't be an issue. If it's gonna run like a server with a 24/7 load, working all day and never being shut down. I'd personally put in a platinum rated PSU there. Higher reliability, better quality components, and 2-3x+ warranty time. A gold rated PSU would probably be fine too, going for platinum would just be something I personally did. So I'd recommend Corsairs HX or RMx series, or EVGAs Supernova G3 series. 

I also just saw it's a B85 motherboard, that means it canno't overclock the CPU. Are you sure it's the i7-4770k and not the i7-4770?

My PC has been running for more than 12 hours and the PSU temperature feels colder than the rooms temperature
I think that it is still in good quality
What is the best cpu that fits on my motherboard and that you would advice?
Thanks you for the time that you take off from your day to help me out and for the great advice that you have given me so far
for my cpu:

ZsnLcOv.png

44 minutes ago, aloevera said:

My PC has been running for more than 12 hours and the PSU temperature feels colder than the rooms temperature
I think that it is still in good quality
What is the best cpu that fits on my motherboard and that you would advice?
Thanks you for the time that you take off from your day to help me out and for the great advice that you have given me so far
for my cpu:

ZsnLcOv.png

You've got the best CPU for that motherboard, but the motherboard isn't the best for the CPU. You can't overclock on that motherboard, but the CPU can overclock in a motherboard that supports overclocking. But you shouldn't worry about that, just get a decent CPU cooler so the CPU lasts longer and always runs at peak performance!

The PSU is probably fine, I'm gonna guess it's bronze, and cooler master is a good brand. But yeah, for 24/7 loads, gold or platinum are usually recommended.

Anyways, good luck! :)

• Like 1