How much more ban protection does a VPN provide?

urnutzmyboot

6 minutes ago, urnutzmyboot said:

Why do people use them then?

People may use VPN service

1. if they are not running a goldfarm and say they are botting 1-3 accounts only.
  2. Their home ip might be static.(Won't change with router restart)
  3. They are inexperienced botters( getting banned often so their proxies are insta-flagged
  4. They are not using free VPN service but quality ones(paid ones mostly but highly popular ones might have flagged ip's due to high usage )
  5. They have other uses for VPN (P*rn :doge:)

4 minutes ago, Silver Knight said:

People may use VPN service

1. if they are not running a goldfarm and say they are botting 1-3 accounts only.
  2. Their home ip might be static.(Won't change with router restart)
  3. They are inexperienced botters( getting banned often so their proxies are insta-flagged
  4. They are not using free VPN service but quality ones(paid ones mostly but highly popular ones might have flagged ip's due to high usage )
  5. They have other uses for VPN (P*rn :doge:)

So if I'm running just one bot would it be advantageous for me to use a VPN since I'm doing it for personal gain and not to farm gold? 

6 minutes ago, urnutzmyboot said:

So if I'm running just one bot would it be advantageous for me to use a VPN since I'm doing it for personal gain and not to farm gold? 

If you are okay with paying few dollars on proxies and confident enough not to get banned i would say get a proxy from trusted providers. But recently it has become harder to get unflagged proxies even from reputable sellers so its a gamble. I use PureVPN sometimes and it didnt really fail me so far(But i have 3 computers so VPN is kinda logical in my case, though i use proxies for my small farm :P)